Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 4 hours of porting today, TU Header

turbo addict

Re: 4 hours of porting today, TU Header

looks good, love the camber plates to better the camber curve and lower the roll center of the car. Do we have pics of the car grill less so we can see the i/c???

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Nice work AJ, good luck at MATS!
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That looks great AJ. What's the score on that catch can setup?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Never runs quite as well at the track as it does at home for some reason? Only two passes ALL DAY over 10 oil downs and guess what from the cheap a$$ management for MATS?? Think we get to use all 4 lanes to race?? Nope. My last year of this event they have slowly eroded the quality over the last 15 years. The concert and show at the host hotel (always was Cannery off Craig rd now at Downtown grand sux BTW)always a high point of the event for me. No name band this year(they've had Fogghat and Queensryche fer chrissake) and they're charging $15. For the privilege. Should I go into how lousy the food trucks are?? Crap quality. Wanted a protein style burger yesterday on lettuce/tomatoes no bun, lady says they only have pickles and onions. I point out that their billboard picture shows a big glorious burger with both lettuce and tomatoes, oh, we dont have that this weekend sir. F this event now. Not worth the effort. Over it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180427_144617.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	62453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180427_210917_573.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	62454  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Look mom, I'm famous. And it only cost me $40. To buy my way into the club...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180428_094354.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	62455  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

That was alot of work, only to be disappointed by the event.
    But at least you can enjoy the fruits of all that labor when you take it out for normal rides.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Never runs quite as well at the track as it does at home for some reason? Only two passes ALL DAY over 10 oil downs and guess what from the cheap a$$ management for MATS?? Think we get to use all 4 lanes to race?? Nope. My last year of this event they have slowly eroded the quality over the last 15 years. The concert and show at the host hotel (always was Cannery off Craig rd now at Downtown grand sux BTW)always a high point of the event for me. No name band this year(they've had Fogghat and Queensryche fer chrissake) and they're charging $15. For the privilege. Should I go into how lousy the food trucks are?? Crap quality. Wanted a protein style burger yesterday on lettuce/tomatoes no bun, lady says they only have pickles and onions. I point out that their billboard picture shows a big glorious burger with both lettuce and tomatoes, oh, we dont have that this weekend sir. F this event now. Not worth the effort. Over it.
    I agree Alan, I haven't been since 2013. Defiantly more focused on making money than providing a good event. Not worth my time and effort even though its only 4 hours away.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    What you have described is what happened to the Mopar show at Englishtown NJ. (RIP). Was great for a while, then the quality of the whole show went into the toilet.... Now E-town is closed...

MATS can now die too as far as I care. they squeezed all the goodness out of it, I get that it must be pofitable but they can do it without my support going forward. 15 years of good times, RIP

turbo addict

lol
    your pics show exactly the "I don't get this" part of drag racing

spent thousands , if not tens of , to build and prep a car then go stand in line forever waiting to drive the car for only a few seconds

I REALLY don't "get" that , not at all ...

kinda like shopping on saturday morning

I'd rather drive the car all day doing laps ...

Here's the capper of the suck that is MATS now, the big event, the Saturday evening car show and free concert for folks with event wristbands, bands like Queesryche and Foghat have played-good bands. This year it was Las Vegas rock Orchestra? WTF Oh and fo the priveledge, it's $15. now. Our last runs were running late, by the time me and my bro got to Fremont street area, they wouldn't let the GLHS onto the 'showfield' and the concert ended at 9! It's Vegas MATS organizers! People stay up later than 930! Dumba$$es. We got a good meal on Fremont street and people watched with refreshing beverages til midnight, I didn't even attempt a pass Sunday, hit the 5 hour drive home Sunday at 9am.

One of the issues I fought was the motor was SLOOWWW to build boost and even with the grainger maxed I could only get 18-19PSI, so much for the 26 that was my goal. I checked cam timing, I checked EVERY connection, all over the vac harness, everything I could think of. Couldn't find it. Painful waiting til 4500 for the 18PSI I could get.

Get home, unload the car at sea level, it feels a little peppier but not right still. heading to my house it starts to buck/surge like MAP issue so I pull into a spray and wash and start cutting all the tape off the loom of the vac harness. 15 minutes later, there's the culprit. The 1/4" factory hard line that goes to charcoal canister is broken INSIDE the loom.

Good news is the car will be ready for Fontana Auto Club Speedway Roval course this weekend. Should easily beat the cars PB record of 1:58.6. BTW my lightly track prepped SRT6 that did hundreds of laps there was a 1:58.4 car and that was the fastest I've ever been around that track so I should have a new PB for the Driver AND the Car this weekend Roadracing FTMFW!

turbo addict

Since you have the plastic loom on your vac harness I'd suggest upgrading to Polyurethane line. Same dimensions as the factory nylon, but it bends easier, flows slightly better and won't ever hard crack. The downside is that if it touches a 180 degree cylinder head it'll melt shut right away. But if you have it protected with loom and routed correctly it should be just fine. Whiteout had some on it. You can buy 100ft rolls for less than $20. I run it on all my stuff.

Poly has a working temp to 160 degrees where nylon goes to 200 degrees working temp.

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...tubingpoly.pdf

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...ubingnylon.pdf

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456