Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wanting to know more about the Mazzi 16v crankshaft

turbo addict

Re: wanting to know more about the Mazzi 16v crankshaft

looking at TC parts on ebay last night I found two listings for intercoolers (for TC)

is the TC rad /i-c set up still the standard daytona size?

the two intercoolers look like any other but one had the straight out top outlet , the other was an angled outlet like a glhs intercooler

if it's the same , then there's an angled outlet (top) style intercooler for under 100 bucks in the TC listings
    I can't remember off hand how much the straight outlet one was

ah rats , I thought I'd saved the link to it .. surfing parts at 4:00 am ..
    - it was a few pages into the ebay TC parts listings if anyone wants to hunt it down
    Last edited by Dr. Johny Dodge; 12-22-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

The auto parts business has changed, especially in terms of parts interchangeability data. The expertise of the typical counterman or machine shop guy is far below what it used to be too and that is a consequence, in part of the fact that the chain stores have chased out the mom & pop stores.

The mom & pop shops used to keep a rack of catalogs that included interchangeability and many of the catalogues were out of date but still useful. Now it's all computerized and updated and the manufacturers/wholesalers see no need to share dimensional data with minimum wage clerks and shade tree mechanics who are likely to make problems/lawsuits and cut profits by finding "end arounds" of the pricing and distribution structures.

As far as the industry is concerned, an orphaned/old product line such as the Masi TC is a PITA and the customer ought to buy a newer car anyway so they're hostile or neutral toward some guy "trying to find something that will work."
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

Ontario made the auto parts counterman deal an apprenticeship program in the very late 80'0 or early 90's
    I did the community collage bit of the program back in 91-2

they had the gm/ford catalogs and the chrysler micro fish machines
    lol I spent a lot of "extra" time useing those machines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12