Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fragility/ reliability etc

turbo addict

Re: Fragility/ reliability etc

I know how to solve all this! Masi swap!

These engines are completely reliable as long as quality parts are installed correctly. Consider the "Jackson timing belt" modification and check your belt tension periodically.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post

Quiet Chris, I've got the motor sitting in the shop waiting to go in.

Hybrid booster

We installed the new breather system. Pictures enclosed. Double catch can
    Note lines run to head , and valve on intake.

The oil pan is leaking from the weld. Weird because it looks like a perfect TIG weld. If you wipe it off with a rag it seep out again in a matter of seconds.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Hell yeah! Honestly though, I really like both the Masi 16v and Lotus TIII setups. For the longest time I had wanted to do a 2.5L TIII in my SL, but in the end I went to the Masi 16v. Now the 2.5L TIII is going into my white Spirit R/T instead.

I'm kicking around the idea of doing Masi 16v in my new gold GLH Turbo, but it is so unmolested I really just think I should leave it as-is sometimes.

As far as budget/power, I really still think the TIII wins. Especially for someone like me that is fabrication-challenged. And the price of admission for Masi 16v is pretty insane and there is some luck involved. It is so much easier to bolt stuff on the TIII and go fast! I've found that if you are meticulous in the build they are A OK and hold up great.

turbo addict

My TIII has been quite reliable for years. My only complaint is the constant valve train noise even after new lifters and such. If it didnt make that noise I'd have full faith in taking it anywhere, anytime. Yes, I push it. Ran a few 12s this summer with it.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Never had an issue with my TIII and I daily drove it for years. The only time I had issues was when the red mist took over and when lost an injector which melted a cylinder down,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12