Thread: SBECsim

Mitsu booster

SBECsim

I'm in the process of creating a SBEC sim for my Jeep sbec. It's USB and simulates a com port. Generates IAT, CTS, CKP, CPS, MAP, and TPS signals from data supplied thru the USB/com interface. It is able to measure injector pulse width, Ignition dwell and ignition timing. The software is open protocol and open source. Kind of a one off project to convert a Jeep SBEC from a 1 bar to 2 bar without endangering my engine. However, I'd be willing to make some to help others.

Anyone interested?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: SBECsim

Quote Originally Posted by A_ Kelley View Post
    I'm in the process of creating a SBEC sim for my Jeep sbec. It's USB and simulates a com port. Generates IAT, CTS, CKP, CPS, MAP, and TPS signals from data supplied thru the USB/com interface. It is able to measure injector pulse width, Ignition dwell and ignition timing. The software is open protocol and open source. Kind of a one off project to convert a Jeep SBEC from a 1 bar to 2 bar without endangering my engine. However, I'd be willing to make some to help others.

Anyone interested?
    I am very interested to hear details since this type of stuff is "down my alley". I am busy currently with the MPSciLink but I would love to get additional detail. Would this be easy to convert to SMEC?
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...9268-MPSciLink
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

i'ld love to have a sbecstim. i talked to risen a number of months ago about updating/revising his smecstim but i never pursued it with him. would this be able to vary the "outputs" via a knob similar to a smecstim? depending on price i'm in. i think this would be a HUGE benefit to this community as far as moving the sbec development along. thanks for doing this.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Mitsu booster

It would be a computer interface to control it. That would allow sweeping the inputs to see how the outputs change.

Quote Originally Posted by A_ Kelley View Post
    It would be a computer interface to control it. That would allow sweeping the inputs to see how the outputs change.
    sweet
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

I would like to do something like this for the 3.0 so we can try to muck with the A604 TCM...

Garrett booster

this is going to be pretty awesome!

Mitsu booster

IDK it's probably able to be converted to smec or the 3.0. just need to know what kind of signals it uses for ckp/cmp. The generation code is fairly easy to reconfigure as it is based internally off a counter that counts 0-120 degrees. (Setting the timer interval controls rpm output) I currently have an issue with the PCM not turning off but I think it's because the injectors and relay simulators are not powered from the asd relay. Tps and map are generated by pwm with a rc filter and CTS/IAT are simulates by a resistor network to give 8 different temperatures. I've still got to add a couple connections so it can measure injector pulse and ignition dwell and timing.

I haven't designed a pcb and just have it hand wired on vector board. I broke at the signals to a db25 but if I build any more units I'll probably use a screw terminal strip for just sticking wires in and tighten down.