I have made hundreds of orders with Rockauto in the past and have always had good results. I realize the issue described below may be out of Rockauto's control, and I hope it is not a sign of things to come.

I ordered rear wheel bearings for my GLH from Rockauto on November 27th and received a shipping notification on November 28th. As of today, December 4th, they have not arrived...USPS tracking shows the package shipped from Ohio, went to Texas and is still in Texas. Maybe the bearings prefer warm weather.

I shipped a small flat rate box from Wisconsin to California on December 2nd. The package arrived in California today, December 4th.

I paid for Priority Mail shipping for my Rockauto order, the same Priority Mail shipping that was able to deliver a package from Wisconsin to California in 2 days. I guess I will have to factor in a two week shipping wait the next time I order parts from Rockauto. Priorities must be different, depending on where they originate.

In the meantime, I bought bearings at the local parts store and put my GLH back together. When I receive my Rockauto bearings, I can put them on the shelf for next time.