Thread: This mornings hilarious GLHS related e-mail

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

This mornings hilarious GLHS related e-mail

Morning all!

Some of you may know that a few years ago I picked up a garage full of Turbo Dodge parts and 2 vehicles, a Rampage and a GLHS Charger. A sad situation of an angry ex-wife and divorce case of which I'll say no more. We left with two full size trucks packed to the brim, the Rampage and GLHS on trailers packed to the brim and various items stuffed into corners of the truck cabs.

If no buyer, the soon to be former Shelby owner was going to take it all to the scrap yard and indeed that is what happened to the items I was unable to fit into our transports.

The guy loaded them up and scrapped them... which was unfortunate as there was still good stuff there and I almost made a sixteen hour round trip again to save the rest. Just could not pull it off.

The Rampage (Cliff's old white one) is now my wife Faith's after some extensive repairs including rebuilding the motor.

The GLHS Charger unfortunately had to be parted out due to VIN tampering. The rest of the lot of parts is still being moved along slowly and keeping many Turbo-Dodges on the road and preventing them from being scrapped in some cases too.

It was unfortunate about the GLHS being parted, but I'm not going to risk going to jail for selling a car with bogus VIN numbers.

The VINs were reported to the Shelby folks and the 2 cars struck off the list.

I got this amusing e-mail this morning via Craigslist where I have some of the stuff listed the last few months... and my reply.

My best friend was less kind, he suggested I should tell the guy this was like numbered car #14 I had reduced to parts and pull a bunch of pics off the internet of cannibalized vehicles and send them to him.

I'm just assuming the guy is a little clueless and has more enthusiasm for Shelby's than tact and tried to be gentle... for me anyways.

I laughed like hell, scared the crap out of the cat and my wife who was sleeping.

Gary Donovan

---------------------------------------------------------

Fred Thompson <b9de57593379391e97a535cd5ec118fc@reply.craigslist .org> wrote:

Subject: Parts
    To: wcckm-6381072879@sale.craigslist.org
    Date: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 11:34 PM

Vultures like you are
    the worst part of the car hobby. You don't know your ---
    from your elbow, but can't buy a rare Shelby fast enough
    just to rip it apart and make money to feed your crack
    habit. You ----ing suck.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not going to jail because some ------- screwed with the vin and tried to pass a car off as something it isn't.

your welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deploy the fleet.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	61740  

Working on clearing the decks.

Hybrid booster

Re: This mornings hilarious GLHS related e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Morning all!

Some of you may know that a few years ago I picked up a garage full of Turbo Dodge parts and 2 vehicles, a Rampage and a GLHS Charger. A sad situation of an angry ex-wife and divorce case of which I'll say no more. We left with two full size trucks packed to the brim, the Rampage and GLHS on trailers packed to the brim and various items stuffed into corners of the truck cabs.

If no buyer, the soon to be former Shelby owner was going to take it all to the scrap yard and indeed that is what happened to the items I was unable to fit into our transports.

The guy loaded them up and scrapped them... which was unfortunate as there was still good stuff there and I almost made a sixteen hour round trip again to save the rest. Just could not pull it off.

The Rampage (Cliff's old white one) is now my wife Faith's after some extensive repairs including rebuilding the motor.

The GLHS Charger unfortunately had to be parted out due to VIN tampering. The rest of the lot of parts is still being moved along slowly and keeping many Turbo-Dodges on the road and preventing them from being scrapped in some cases too.

It was unfortunate about the GLHS being parted, but I'm not going to risk going to jail for selling a car with bogus VIN numbers.

The VINs were reported to the Shelby folks and the 2 cars struck off the list.

I got this amusing e-mail this morning via Craigslist where I have some of the stuff listed the last few months... and my reply.

My best friend was less kind, he suggested I should tell the guy this was like numbered car #14 I had reduced to parts and pull a bunch of pics off the internet of cannibalized vehicles and send them to him.

I'm just assuming the guy is a little clueless and has more enthusiasm for Shelby's than tact and tried to be gentle... for me anyways.

I laughed like hell, scared the crap out of the cat and my wife who was sleeping.

Gary Donovan

---------------------------------------------------------

Fred Thompson <b9de57593379391e97a535cd5ec118fc@reply.craigslist .org> wrote:

Subject: Parts
    To: wcckm-6381072879@sale.craigslist.org
    Date: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 11:34 PM

Vultures like you are
    the worst part of the car hobby. You don't know your ---
    from your elbow, but can't buy a rare Shelby fast enough
    just to rip it apart and make money to feed your crack
    habit. You ----ing suck.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not going to jail because some ------- screwed with the vin and tried to pass a car off as something it isn't.

your welcome.
    Awesomeness

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

turbo addict

I parted out a running and driving CSX because no one wanted to buy it.
    I asked for $6k for the whole car and I would have taken $4.5k. Zero interest, so after a couple of months, I parted it, and got $7200.

I'd say put up the money or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    I'd say put up the money or shut up.
    Not even as simple as that.

Wrong VIN = not sticking my neck out.

A $2000 car at best that needed to be totally reassembled (engine in a basket, nose off) and full of mice?

It was going to go back together in spite of that as I wanted to see the car saved but as soon as it was clear the correct VIN wasn't present the cars fate was sealed. Was VERY unhappy about that because it was far, far more work to reduce the car to component parts then just simply putting it back together and moving it along. I'm sure someone would have loved a running project that wasn't a total rot bucket.

I'd rather lose a little money and see another numbered Shelby Dodge on the road.

P.S. Hell Nick's CSX was saved by us after the drivetrain and seats were yanked out in 1999 and he was going to scrap it. Now it is being driven daily by my son and making passes again.

Like I said, flipping hilarious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8039.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	61741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8035.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	61742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image12.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	61744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8429K.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	61743  
    Last edited by mopar-tech; 11-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I almost bought that rampage when Cliff was selling it. I wanted it, but i just couldn't do another pleasure vehicle without A/C.
    I'm glad you saved what you could. I know that score of parts has helped a ton of folks!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I almost bought that rampage when Cliff was selling it. I wanted it, but i just couldn't do another pleasure vehicle without A/C.
    I'm glad you saved what you could. I know that score of parts has helped a ton of folks!
    You have no idea how much heartburn that little L-body has given me.. I really don't like them (mostly the working on factor and I have trouble squeezing into one) but she loves the thing so it is here to stay.

I actually cringed when she asked to keep it. An L-body? Really? sigh.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Not even as simple as that.

Wrong VIN = not sticking my neck out.

A $2000 car at best that needed to be totally reassembled (engine in a basket, nose off) and full of mice?

It was going to go back together in spite of that as I wanted to see the car saved but as soon as it was clear the correct VIN wasn't present the cars fate was sealed. Was VERY unhappy about that because it was far, far more work to reduce the car to component parts then just simply putting it back together and moving it along. I'm sure someone would have loved a running project that wasn't a total rot bucket.

I'd rather lose a little money and see another numbered Shelby Dodge on the road.

P.S. Hell Nick's CSX was saved by us after the drivetrain and seats were yanked out in 1999 and he was going to scrap it. Now it is being driven daily by my son and making passes again.

Like I said, flipping hilarious.
    Been there done that. I've lost money on almost every turbo Dodge I've ever sold but glad they stayed on the road

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Lots of key tappers out there. Most have never touched a wrench or owned a car.

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    Lots of key tappers out there. Most have never touched a wrench or owned a car.
    I'm waiting to hear back from the fellow, depending on the response the real fun begins.

turbo addict

Let me send him pictures of the 16V Masi TC I parted and cut up! LOL

Hell, I've got so many pictures of cut apart TM's...we could make this guy have a heart attack! LMAO!

turbo addict

Here. You can send him this image. This GLHT was THEE GLHT that was in Sport Compact Car Magazine all those years ago. It's now flatter than a pancake

No reply back, pity.

Speaking of "The Stash" it saved my sons bacon this morning. Last night the oldest mentioned that his brakes were making a funny noise. This morning we popped the wheels off and found that one of the pads worn out was just touching rotor metal to metal.

Since had had to go to work in 2 hours we would just trip over to Autozone, NAPA or O'Reillys, pick up some pads and pop them on and call it a day.

No one had pads in stock, which I feared was the case after the last few trips for stuff as mundane as a valve cover gasket. I headed out to the barn and pulled a bin full of used brakes parts and there was a set of calipers and knuckles stripped off an '87 CSX with a nice set of pads. I'm not big on using used frictions but you do what you have to do some days and he made it to work on time.