Thread: This mornings hilarious GLHS related e-mail

Threaded View

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

This mornings hilarious GLHS related e-mail

Morning all!

Some of you may know that a few years ago I picked up a garage full of Turbo Dodge parts and 2 vehicles, a Rampage and a GLHS Charger. A sad situation of an angry ex-wife and divorce case of which I'll say no more. We left with two full size trucks packed to the brim, the Rampage and GLHS on trailers packed to the brim and various items stuffed into corners of the truck cabs.

If no buyer, the soon to be former Shelby owner was going to take it all to the scrap yard and indeed that is what happened to the items I was unable to fit into our transports.

The guy loaded them up and scrapped them... which was unfortunate as there was still good stuff there and I almost made a sixteen hour round trip again to save the rest. Just could not pull it off.

The Rampage (Cliff's old white one) is now my wife Faith's after some extensive repairs including rebuilding the motor.

The GLHS Charger unfortunately had to be parted out due to VIN tampering. The rest of the lot of parts is still being moved along slowly and keeping many Turbo-Dodges on the road and preventing them from being scrapped in some cases too.

It was unfortunate about the GLHS being parted, but I'm not going to risk going to jail for selling a car with bogus VIN numbers.

The VINs were reported to the Shelby folks and the 2 cars struck off the list.

I got this amusing e-mail this morning via Craigslist where I have some of the stuff listed the last few months... and my reply.

My best friend was less kind, he suggested I should tell the guy this was like numbered car #14 I had reduced to parts and pull a bunch of pics off the internet of cannibalized vehicles and send them to him.

I'm just assuming the guy is a little clueless and has more enthusiasm for Shelby's than tact and tried to be gentle... for me anyways.

I laughed like hell, scared the crap out of the cat and my wife who was sleeping.

Gary Donovan

---------------------------------------------------------

Fred Thompson <b9de57593379391e97a535cd5ec118fc@reply.craigslist .org> wrote:

Subject: Parts
    To: wcckm-6381072879@sale.craigslist.org
    Date: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 11:34 PM

Vultures like you are
    the worst part of the car hobby. You don't know your ---
    from your elbow, but can't buy a rare Shelby fast enough
    just to rip it apart and make money to feed your crack
    habit. You ----ing suck.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not going to jail because some ------- screwed with the vin and tried to pass a car off as something it isn't.

your welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deploy the fleet.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	61740  

Working on clearing the decks.