Thread: Harrison AC Compressor in TC by Maserati - Hoses Conflict with Fuel Rail

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Harrison AC Compressor in TC by Maserati - Hoses Conflict with Fuel Rail

When I bought the Ramerati, it did not have AC installed but my purchase did include the AC bracket some hoses and the Harrison compressor.

Now I'm trying to install it and the hose set that clamps to the compressor appears to conflict with the fuel rail.
    I tried re-clocking the compressor but it seems I had it correct to start with. The hoses' connector, see pic, wants to come in from the top, or horizontal, while the compressor wants that hose bracket to come in from the side, or vertically. I can re-build the hoses to fix that, of course.

The car was built with an early production crate engine so maybe there is a later fuel rail? Or, a different compressor or compressor bracket?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ramerati AC Condenser 018.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	61735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ramerati AC Condenser 017.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	61734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ramerati AC Condenser 022.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	61736  
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Re: Harrison AC Compressor in TC by Maserati - Hoses Conflict with Fuel Rail

post it at www.aaca.org

Thanks Martin
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

You're missing two brakets that locate the compressor, top one is steel and bolts to those two holes in the head, side one is cast aluminum. Lemme take a pic...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Brakets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC AC Compressor Brakets.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	846.2 KB 
ID:	61799  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Thanks, after seeing that, and the pic you txt'd to me, I see that the hoses in your car are clocked to exit the compressor down low at about 4:00 o'clock. I've been trying to clock them up top, at about 1:00. So, I cut some of the vertical panel below the upper core support out to see if that might work. The low side hose's steel tube will still have to be bent tighter and the hoses will still have to be re-built, so it remains a puzzle.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand