ok so i have a 1985 lebaron turbo convertible started to die on me after about 10 minutes of run time fuel pump stops running leave it sit and get cold will run again.... throwing code 42 thats it... didnt check the hep... didnt check any grounds yet

did this http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...ml#post1257645 and the fuel pump started up... so i played with it a little bit connecting and disconnecting the ground jumper.... seemed to work fine.... most of the time... so then i just ground the jumper and keep it on for a few minutes disconnect the jumper and the fuel pump kept running almost as if the relay welded the contacts together right? come back when its cold and it drives home fine...

Im positive the relay is toast... its already a re-manufactured pcm i opened the it up and you can see on the back of the board where theres different potting compound under the relay and what looks like a fuse but whats weird is the potting compound around the relay on the other side isnt disturbed like they never replaced the relay and just re-soldered the pins?

So i see my options as being 1. crack the relay open solder jumpers to the contacts and convert it to an external generic relay 2. just replacing the relay on the board but i dont know what to put back in there or 3. buying a new pcm but they are about $100 and i think everything made these days is garbage so ill probably be in the same boat shortly

whats your opinion? im leaning on option 1