Hi everyone, just a little update on my 86 Town and Country turbo wagon before I get to the question. I bought another car for parts since I discovered how badly she is rusted underneath, using whatever I can. I cut the rockers off, mice had left some presents in there, using sound deadening material for their homes, which collected water. So before any body work, it must be completely dry. I may be excessive, but I let my Cherokee sit in the garage for 4 months before repairing the holes in the roof to get all the moisture out. She runs great though, and I can scavenge the map sensor off my parts car, basically perform that service bullet that gets the internal map out into the engine bay. This is so I can run the 87 MP LM I got. And have a spare 2.2, auto trans, and nice factory aluminum wheels (no more hubcaps), so I am happy. Even happier when I confirmed my wagon has only 21,000 miles on it lol! And I thought it rolled over....It just sat for long periods, that's the rust problem.

Here's the question, how vital is it to the ecu to get an intial read of atmospheric preasure, as when the baro read solenoid activates? If the baro read solenoid fails, will the car run acceptably? Will this trigger a MIL? Or put it this way, say I have a 1991 Daytona 2.5 turbo and a snip the wire at the ecu harness for the baro read soleniod, what will be the results? I understand that all things should be in working order so the engine can run optimally, but I want to know how important this is. I work on Jeeps all the time, and you guys might be surprised how much the pre96 models have in common with the the turbo cars here, well maybe not you may already know. So I know how vital the MAP is, however jeeps and Dakotas, etc, do not have the baro read deal so I'm trying to learn more. I understand what it does, but what happens if it fails? Thanks for reading
Damien