Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How badly does a intake manifold heatsoak on a 8 valve?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: How badly does a intake manifold heatsoak on a 8 valve?

Makes sense
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Is this a good idea to move the sensor here? What is the advantage, other than knowing your temp values are going to be lower. Genuinely curious as to the validity of this and why it wasn't or isn't done more often.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Is this a good idea to move the sensor here? What is the advantage, other than knowing your temp values are going to be lower. Genuinely curious as to the validity of this and why it wasn't or isn't done more often.
    It makes my hot start a lot easier.

This is good info! Wondering if somewhere I have an issue with my air charge temp sensor since I have this issue now. I have tried just about everything swapping out all kinds of spare parts with no change. My next option is to retime the car with the stock cam gear from the adjustable on it now.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    This is good info! Wondering if somewhere I have an issue with my air charge temp sensor since I have this issue now. I have tried just about everything swapping out all kinds of spare parts with no change. My next option is to retime the car with the stock cam gear from the adjustable on it now.
    Isn't your issue cold start as well?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Most cars nowadays put the intake temp sensor in the intake tube before the throttle body.

My eagle hemi 5 speed swapped 2002 ram 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Isn't your issue cold start as well?
    It can happen, but after the car sits overnight it will start right up.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

My CSX is cranky when hot but fires up if I open the throttle a bit. I was thinking on running a test as I have a MPFlash installed. I will hot start with a T1 tune to see if that solves the issue.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    My CSX is cranky when hot but fires up if I open the throttle a bit. I was thinking on running a test as I have a MPFlash installed. I will hot start with a T1 tune to see if that solves the issue.
    Mine does it when hot and no amount of throttle helps. Has to be either timing, wiring or a bad new sensor for my issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123