Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink device pre-order

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: MPSciLink device pre-order

Just paid for enclosure and 8' sci cable.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sev80 View Post
    enclosure paid!

Dude you guys are seriously awesome for making all of this happen. Thank you!!!!
    Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to get a virtual pat on the back.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

ordered the enclosure. I can't wait to put all of this stuff together and get it in a car.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I placed an order for the 4 enclosures ordered by the group1 members. (Other group1 members that haven't ordered but want enclosures might get shipped seperately if they wait too long. )
    I already spoke with the vendor and he will incorporate the new changes i requested from my test enclosure.

The group2 members that have placed enclosure orders I am going to hold temporarily. I'd like to test with the v2.5 board when built to be sure of fitment, and i don't want to have to do any modifications.
    The design of the v2.5 boards should work with the current enclosure, but there will be a couple of very minor changes.
    These redsigns of the v2.5 boards have delayed things, and it has largerly been my fault due to needing the new enclosure to measure out things. Luckily we have caught these design changes before they have started production of the boards.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Mitsu booster

Ill be purchasing a DIY kit and screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dewittjohnj View Post
    Ill be purchasing a DIY kit and screen.
    When you can, please submit your order. There should be s couple extra boards with the new board order.
    What size display are you selecting?
    I don't really have any "extras" i will have to try and order yours and another's and not sure i can get the same pricing.

If you aren't in a big hurry though, we can keep you on the list for an eventual 3rd group.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Mitsu booster

I just purchased my very own turbo Voyager (woohooo!!!) and still bolting up the new turbo and upgrading fueling, so I am not in a big hurry. I still have to socket the ECM as well. I will submit my order today for the DIY kit and 3.5" touchscreen. I have a couple questions about EEPROM selection. Can I PM?

Mitsu booster

Just placed order

Quote Originally Posted by dewittjohnj View Post
    I just purchased my very own turbo Voyager (woohooo!!!) and still bolting up the new turbo and upgrading fueling, so I am not in a big hurry. I still have to socket the ECM as well. I will submit my order today for the DIY kit and 3.5" touchscreen. I have a couple questions about EEPROM selection. Can I PM?
    You might want to post those questions in a separate thread, since the knowledgeable folks that can help might not be watching this one. (I'm not a chip expert.)

One thing i will advise however is to consider doing a flashable module. You'll get the most benefit from this device with a flashable ecu.
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

Could there be a way in the future for this thing to work with an Ostrich for those of us running logic modules? That's probably a much bigger question that I think it is though.

future versions will use the esp32 module which provides a significant increase in capabilities in a number of areas. i am waiting for the development boards and software support to stabilize. at this point alot of the usb stuff for it has not been fleshed out but i assume in a few months it will be. then the ostrich would be a viable option.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Update:
    Unfortunately its not a happy one. But in the interest of full disclosure I want you all to know we are still working on things.

I received the assembled boards from Miles a couple/few days ago (I've been on nightshift, and now dealing with some kind of cold, so I'm a bit fuzzy). I started updating each unit in order to function test on a vehicle so i can catch any problems before they are delivered to customers.
    The good news is that process works! The bad news is it appears we have some bad bluetooth modules from a supplier. I've got 2 units that passed the testing and i just completed datalogging on a vehicle (SMEC). So those 2 appear to be ok.
    I've got 5 that the bluetooth module appears to connect, but won't communicate. We are checking to make sure there is no software reason, which seems unlikely.
    Those 5 may have to be shipped back to Miles, unless we devise another solution.

Technically I am not a vendor. But, I am comitted to making sure you all get the working product you expect. So although this may be a small setback, rest assured you will receive everything you ordered.

A small brightside is i have started working on a display protective case with the same vendor making the enclosures. So maybe that will get worked out in time for everything to get shipped together.

If anyone has any questions or anything, feel free to ask here or PM me.
    Wayne H.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Take your time Wayne, making it right before shipping is going to be a much better scenario than having to send out incremental patches to each customer as problems are found. Good job and thanks for doing this!!

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    future versions will use the esp32 module which provides a significant increase in capabilities in a number of areas. i am waiting for the development boards and software support to stabilize. at this point alot of the usb stuff for it has not been fleshed out but i assume in a few months it will be. then the ostrich would be a viable option.
    will us early adopters be able to buy an ESP32 board and plug the original stuff into it for an upgrade?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    will us early adopters be able to buy an ESP32 board and plug the original stuff into it for an upgrade?

Brian
    No, the esp32 has built in wifi and bluetooth and other features/pin changes. a new board with this chip on it is a long way out - as in months to year(s). i wasn't planning on ordering one until next spring. by then things could change again! :-) you probably could use a few things off it like the inverter chip,dc-dc converter and sdcard module but the cost of those are only a couple bucks so i don't think i would go through the work to do that. obviously the big cost is the monitor which you can reuse as well as the arduino if you have other hobby projects you want to do.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Bluetooth ..
    I presume you have some download of the Bluetooth in a pc that you're using to load into your project

is it possible that download has a counter you don't know about that will only let you load the info a couple of times ?

I've had major issues once in a while with my pc Bluetooth keyboard not pairing
    I enter the pairing code , over and over and no go
    it goes on sometimes for a while - I think my fix was downloading the drivers again as somehow what was in my pc stopped working

I'd get the paired message but no effect typing on the keyboard

Well in typical fashion for me, when one thing goes wrong, several things go wrong....
    On top of trying to recover from some sort of headcold, and the unforseen issues with the bluetooth modules onseveral of these boards, i received the enclosures today.
    I found i somehow missed one, of the group1 ordered enclosures. But that shouldn't be a big deal, since we'll have to resolve the bluetooth issue anyway.
    But, i figured i would test fit one to check things out. And, everything is perfect, except for 2 small issues. One i can resolve here with a bit of dremel or filing on each one. The other i may have to either drill or dremel.
    The top panel which had the missing access for the 12v +/- were mis located. So I'll need to drill a bit to get access to the terminal screws.
    However, there is the option of not modifying the top panel, and you would simply have to make your terminations with the top panel off. All the other terminals are able to be accessed with the top panel in place.

I can modify one, and post pictures, and then you can decide if you want me to do the fix, or if you would prefer to do it, or opt out of fixing.

If the builder finds that it is an error on his part, I'll see what he offers as options.
    Wayne H.

Garrett booster

I probably mentioned this before but please take your time and dont stress out over this. I am in absolute no rush and I am just happy this is happening at all.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah dont rush for me. i dont even have my smec wiring harness change done yet.

that said, if i do get it and im still in LM land, ill do some LM logging testing.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I am not in a hurry either. Don't rush on my account.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast