Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink device pre-order

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

MPSciLink device pre-order

MPSciLink device now taking Pre-orders!

The device development is ready for taking of pre-orders. EDIT: NOW READY FOR ORDER!
    https://sites.google.com/site/mpscilink/

Device development, operation, and features discussion can be found in the other thread here:- http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79268

The mpscilink device board can be purchased in DIY kit form, or as an assembled unit.-
    DIY kit with version2 PCB board and all necessary board components will be about $20.

Fully assembled and tested device board will run about $50 as this is about 2-3 hrs of expert assembly and testing.

This device is used with an Arduino Mega 2560 or clone,- (I bought mine for about $17 on Amazon).- We can provide the required Arduino clone for $10.- (As we purchase a bulk quantity we can provide them at a discount.)

Display Screen options,
    Nextion 3.5" touchscreen runs about $35
    (I'm looking to try out a Nextion 5" touchscreen for about $70-75, hope to find it cheaper somewhere.)
    But, remember this device is/can be used in conjunction with mpscandroid on your Android phone or tablet so a large display isn't really necessary.

The device will require some type of housing, protective project case.- Display protective cases can seperate the display from the main unit for remote mounting.
    End user can customize their own installation with cases of their choice.- Or we can provide some case options for about $17.
    The device uses the diagnostic port for the communication, but does not require a programmed ftdi cable.- Simple wiring can be used.- I used 4 conductor 20 or 22 ga instrument wire for the Tx/Rx and the +/- all in one off the diagnostic port with simple spade connectors, and terminal board pins.- I may be able to source additional wire to include for free or low cost if possible.- If not, you'll need your own wire and connectors.

At this time there is inventory for (4) units.- As DIY kits they would be ready to ship.- Those could be assembled also with a short wait.
    There is partial inventory for an additional 5.- So with a bit of lead time to receive some missing components these could be available as DIY kits, or again assembled.
    Beyond these 9, there would be additional wait to restock the necessary components.

If you would like to pre-order, please reply here with # of units and type DIY or assembled.
    The first (4) on the list should get their device within the next few weeks.

Shipping anywhere in the US should be $15 (Priority medium flat rate box), International will be more, Canada shipping might be less, as some items may originate from Canada.

I'll work on an order form to summarize all this into a better format, menu type order tool, to calculate total costs with available options and post.
    Just wanted to get this info out there so we can gauge the present interest and what items we will need, and quantities.

-Special Thanks to team "M&M", (Morris and Miles) for their expertise and skills in developing this, and in realizing this to a working product for our group.- It's great working with you both!
    Last edited by wheming; 03-07-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Mitsu booster

Re: MPSciLink device pre-order

I will take (1) assembled.

Dave

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

(1) assembled and tested unit with (1) Arduino mega clone please.

EDIT, on second thought, ill source the screen through you guys and id like a protective case too.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 10-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

1 assembled. Clone is fine.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have a few more parts arriving tomorrow so I should be able to produce 5 or 6 over the next week or two
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict

I will take a DIY kit please with clone
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

I would like an assembled and tested unit with an Arduino clone please. No real rush for me I can wait till a second or third group completion
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

turbo addict

I understand that information is available in the other thread but it would be awesome if there was a "sales brochure" one page pdf with pictures, and features explaining this device and how it works. I would especially be interested in the assembly and testing instructions to see if it worth me doing it or just buy it assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    I understand that information is available in the other thread but it would be awesome if there was a "sales brochure" one page pdf with pictures, and features explaining this device and how it works. I would especially be interested in the assembly and testing instructions to see if it worth me doing it or just buy it assembled.
    EDIT: deleted old info.
    Product info available at
    https://sites.google.com/site/mpscilink/
    Last edited by wheming; 03-07-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Working on a brochure. It is a working draft that I'll need to have Morris and Miles fill in some info.

As far as the "how it works" that will be covered more in depth in some operating instructions and/or knowledge center manual.
    The brochure is highlighting the features and capabilities. And some technical specifications.
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Thanks for the info!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

I’ll take one assembeld unit with a clone. Let me know where to pay.

(Edit: I removed the order form info that was here. Refer to order website in a later post.)

I'm not up on all the tech nerd stuff, so I need to figure out how best to take the orders, would be nice if the form could be submitted online, or I guess could just be saved and emailed. Probably just simplest to just download and email. We won't be talking thousands of orders per year or anything!

The only thing I'm not sure yet is final pricing from suppliers of the major components. And really the highest cost item is the HMI touchscreen display.
    That is going to by far the biggest effect on overall package price.

I'd like to "publish" the brochure, I've worked with it enough that I need a proof-read/redlines from the rest of the team. But it is close.
    And no, I did not go to school for marketing!
    Last edited by wheming; 02-21-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Wayne H.

Would like one (1) with the required hardware to plug and play, i.e., case and board. I have an FTDI cable already wired directly to the LM, so not sure what cabling I'd need. Wayne, I'll talk to you via text. Just kidding, I'll PM you.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

i would like one as well assembled, clone is fine with me, case and board.

Hybrid booster

First time seeing this idea/product!!!
    I had no idea this was being considered; let alone developed!!!
    I'm IN for one; complete from start(having no pieces of what's required, other than the SMEC system) to finish(everything required to operate minus the phone/SD card).

I'll be sending a PM.
    Thanks, in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett booster

I'm in for one unassembled kit with case, board and arduino clone. I'm not in any rush.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I'm in for one assembled, arduino clone, display, and case

I've downloaded the order form, awaiting where to send it and who/where to pay.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

I have what I believe to be a decent product information brochure.

A pdf version will be posted after the final edits.

It can be viewed here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

I'm going to try and add a couple better pictures, but I think it is usable. If there are any questions, or comments, please let me know.

In other updates, 1BADVAN graciously offered some assistance by setting up a "storefront" for the eventual ordering and payment.
    Those of you who will use paypal will be able to use that site. Others paying with money order or other payments (we haven't discussed other acceptable forms of payment) will have to use the Order Form previously linked.

We appreciate your interest, and your patience while we complete the final stage of version2 product revision testing, and finish setting up the production and delivery process.
    I'm in just as much anticipation as you all, trust me!
    Wayne H.

Hybrid booster

Thank you for the updates.
    And bravo my friend. This is incredible!!! 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast