Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink device pre-order

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: MPSciLink device pre-order

Got the email a few minutes ago. Thanks Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    Got the email a few minutes ago. Thanks Wayne.
    Glad to hear it worked!

There's no installation instructions, just refer to my help videos.
    I fitted and clearanced your enclosure, but you should see during assembling.
    If you have any questions, just let me know.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Forgot the progress pic!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1519084142512.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	62198
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Garrett booster

Wayne, just got my package. Very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by sev80 View Post
    Wayne, just got my package. Very excited!
    me too.

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Glad to hear.
    I didn't check the shipping updates yet.
    When you guys get things setup, let me know if you have questions. And refer to my cheesy videos, as i think i hit all the initial setup and assembling the enclosure, and wiring pretty well.
    If something stumps you, maybe i could try to do a livestream video, or video chat.
    Wayne H.

..... and assembled.....

i used some small plastic washers under the plain nuts that hold the arduino mega down as the traces on the board were kinda close.... and i overtighten just about everything that i dont use a torque wrench on. they were actually clips for rope lights with the tabs that hold the rope light itself cut off just leaving a plastic piece with a small hole in it.

i used the nylock nuts for the SD card slot trim.

went together pretty easy. i did get it the whole way together and then realize that i needed to shift the arduino mega over a hair so that the long side pieces would fit straight up and down. so back apart it came.

hope to do some playing tomorrow.

only one potential issue i see..... the side panels of the enclosure are probably going to rattle like crazy inside a solid motor mount 2.5L reliant lol.

Brian

Brian, once the top and bottom panels are secured to the aluminum stand-offs, the side panels shouldn't rattle.
    You could mount this somewhere in the car and use some type of adhesive foam strips under it to help cushion/absorb shock.

I had asked the enclosure builder if some non-conductive washers were necessary under the nuts securing the mega. Although he said they weren't needed, i still like the idea of using some too.

And although the allen head machine screws look cool, i think the regular machine screws are more convenient if you are removing the top panel frequently.

In fact, i was test fitting the prototype enclosure with the v2.5 board, and found a couple issues. I'll get this one clearanced up, and the new access measurements to the builder so i can start ordering the enclosures for the group2 folks. Luckily there aren't too many changes, but I'm glad i waited.
    Wayne H.

if i shaved down the aluminum standoffs, then it would fit tight. but as it sits now, there is a little movement to the side panels. no biggie though. i wont hear it over the dash shaking itself to death lol.

also, do you have a wiring documentation page? or diagram?

i watched the video but its hard to keep pausing it to see where the 4 conductor colors go to write them down lol.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    if i shaved down the aluminum standoffs, then it would fit tight. but as it sits now, there is a little movement to the side panels. no biggie though. i wont hear it over the dash shaking itself to death lol.

also, do you have a wiring documentation page? or diagram?

i watched the video but its hard to keep pausing it to see where the 4 conductor colors go to write them down lol.

Brian
    This might help.
    Attachment 62211
    But I'll try to get a wiring diagram for the board connections. (This is an early v2.0 board. You'll notice we repositioned the SD card to stick out to the right, so it can be accessed from outside the enclosure.)

But basically for version2.0 boards (which you and all the group1 customers received):

On the Left: -Wht is +12v, Blk is ground. (I get this from the diagnostic connector.)

On the upper long side: the 2 position terminal block is for ECU Tx/Rx. My brown wire (on the left terminal) goes to Pink (on the diagnostic connector ), and-my blue wire (on the right terminal) goes to Green.
    (The single terminal block is the +21v that some ECU's require for flashing.)
    The 4 position header over to the right is for the display. (For those that bought display harness wire AND have the 3.5" display: your display wire should have a black mark on one connector. That connector is to the board.)

On the close long side: Analog inputs & signal grounds. From left to right, A1, A2, A3, A4, G, G, G, G
    (We didn't like A1, and A2 being orphans, so we grouped them into a 2 POS terminal block for the next version board.)

SD Card is on the right side, and a 2GB SanDisk SD card is the preferred card. Be sure it is formatted to FAT32 this will be handy if you need to sideload an update to your display.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Received mine and have not had the chance to assemble it. Everything looks great though, thank you for all the work in making this project come together.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Thanks Ian!
    Let me know when you are up and running with it, or if you need tech support.
    Wayne H.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

For those DIYers I placed an overview here
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1134868
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Is there a "zero DIY" option? If the SBECII 3.0 gets cracked, I need something to fool with it but no time to figure out more devices, I have enough megasquirts, AEM piggyback, odd knock boxes to hate already.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Is there a "zero DIY" option? If the SBECII 3.0 gets cracked, I need something to fool with it but no time to figure out more devices, I have enough megasquirts, AEM piggyback, odd knock boxes to hate already.
    Not really sure what you are asking.
    You could get an assembled board.
    There is still some 'assembling' the end user does, putting the device together in the enclosure though, but no soldering.
    The learning curve for it isn't terrible if you are familiar with MPTune & MPScan, but it is something different to have to learn. Can't help that.
    Wayne H.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Got mine Wayne, Everything looks good so far.

Thanks!!

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    brent, the sbecII 3.0 has already been cracked, at least the 1991 3.0 v6 508 cal.....
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    Got mine Wayne, Everything looks good so far.

Thanks!!
    Thanks for the confirmation Vic!
    Wayne H.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    brent, the sbecII 3.0 has already been cracked, at least the 1991 3.0 v6 508 cal.....
    91 is SBEC 1 still. 92-up is SBEC 2, which is why I had him send you his computer
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Was able to get (2) DIY kit orders out and delivered this week. (These orders didn't have enclosures. )

I have all the other DIY kits for the remaining group2 orders.

I'm expecting 6 assembled boards probably today or tomorrow. And then the last 4 assembled boards probably next week.

Enclosure design changes to accommodate the v2.5 boards have been requested and i am waiting for a test enclosure before i order all the enclosures for the remaining orders. I don't want a repeat of something not quite right with the enclosures.
    Any orders without enclosures will get shipped out pretty quickly.

So, we are on the home stretch! Our distribution facility in NC is going to be pretty busy over the next couple weeks!
    Wayne H.