Thread: GLH gfx a DC part?!

GLH gfx a DC part?!

So the story I've heard forever, is that the air dam and side skirts used on '85-'86 GLHs were straight out of the Direct Connection parts catalog. However, I have found no mention of them in the '83-'85 DC catalogs. Likewise I've never seen any literature advertising or confirming that they existed as an aftermarket accessory item. So is this common understanding that they were out of the DC catalog based on an assumption, or does anyone have any concrete evidence validating this?

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: GLH gfx a DC part?!

I bought my first GLH (an 1985 model) new. I was already a subscriber to the DC/MP catalogs at that time. I replaced the one I bought new, with a used GLH Turbo a few years later and kept that one until a couple of years ago.

The ONLY body trim item I recall ever seeing in the DC/MP catalogs for these L-bodies, was the "Whale Tail" spoiler that mounted on the rear of the hatch. I bought a new spoiler/front air dam for the front of the car from a dealer in the early 90's and it came in a standard Mopar parts labeled box.

Barry
    Last edited by sdac guy; 09-27-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

the idea the omni skirt and air dam set might have been in the DC/MP catalogs seems familiar - like I've seen a listing at some time
    but if it was it would have been production parts offered through DC/MP not the other way round

for the 2 door there were listings in the catalog for an earlier air dam , shelby style but "flatter" - probably from the same line of parts as the DC/MP areo kits for the daytona/lazer

there were also 2 rear spoilers for 2 door L body
    the rubber whale tale and a fiber/plastic one that looks like the shelby charger rear spoiler but bigger , tilted and with two shoeboxes stuffed under the back edge - is the best way to describe it

- I've been waiting for one of those to pop up when I have cash for years ...

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

The only Gfx I ever saw for sale in the DC catalog were for the 2 door L-body's & trucks. They pretty much offered the Shelby Charger Gfx for the regular cars. Of course, the trucks have a longer wheel base & different rear quarter, so those parts were specific to the trucks....

Of course, they also offered the rear spoilers Barry mentioned above & the G-body kits(which were hideous compared to the factory stuff IMHO).

In all the years of drooling over those catalogs as a youth, I don't remember ever seeing 4 door Gfx....