Hey there everyone. This is pretty urgent as I was planning on going on a 300 mile road trip with the car tomorrow night.

I have an 89 CSX that before my ownership, was converted to a T2. All the person did was swap turbos. When I bought the car, piston 3 had a small hole in it. So I bought a rebuilt bottom end, and used the seemingly good head over again. Well it just started running again about a month ago, and I have been daily driving it for about a week, but this issue has only been going on the last 2 days.

When I am driving, intermittently, it will act as if there is a 2-step limiter on the engine. I could be doing 2,500 RPM, but I will be stepping on the gas to go faster, and it will stay at 2,500 and sound like it's bouncing on the rev limiter. Sometimes that lasts just a fraction of a second, ranging anywhere until when I let off the gas and go back on. I replaced the spark plugs yesterday and the issue was not resolved. What's next? What could this issue be? Ignition? Fuel delivery? Electronic? Boost leak?

Any questions or answers please get back to me. I need to be able to drive this car over 300 miles tomorrow night