My kid Jagger is 15 now and since he didn't have any interest in the 89 LeBaron GTC I got for him (I sold it after a year of him letting it sit in the driveway) At least now he is getting fired up about cars albeit tough choices. SO far hes fallen in love with/obsessed over/contemplated:

Late 90's Integra type R's. He held onto that notion for a week or so...

A low milage Delorian he found!? Probably my least favorite car in the world! When I told him Id rather drive a Prious, he knew I was seriously against it.

240SX's. He likes the look of them and though I'm not dead set against them, finding them without a turbo or LS motor swap is almost impossible Eventually I found a nice stock green 95 for sale in my budget and after going back and forth with the seller Jagge informes me that he not only hates the green but wants a 97/98 S14 only, preferably white. *If* I eve did find one of those, the seller would want $15K Seriously, I found at least 3 cars in the $15-$19K range for sale. Yikes!

Since he seems to be basing his choices on primarily looks and I am looking to spend no more than $5K, I steered him twards 10-15 year old 3 series BMW's. He was enamored with a couple M3 clones he found but then he discovered the 04-07 TT 335i's. Now I gotta admit, I've liked those cars since they were new and even considered one a few years back as a back up daily driver. So he found a really cheap one(I know, it's suspect already!) in Hollywood and I spoke to the owner. He's all about, come out and drive it and I'm all about whats wrong with the title, is it stolen, can I smog it (last thing I need is ANOTHER car that wont pass Cali smog) Guy admitted to it being salvaged (not a deal killer for a kid's first car) but I suspect there is more to the story. He also said there is a bad 'boost line' so boost is low. Even a blown turbo wouldn't kill the deal as I have 6 months to fix it up before Jagger even has his permit to drive.

So does anyone have a carfax account and can get us some more history? I don't wanna shell out $39.99 if I don't have to... VIN #WBAVB73517VF53432

Thanks!

EDIT: The dang "R" only works half the time on my tablet keyboard