Thread: MPTune LM Fine Tuning Air/Fuel HELP!!!!

Garrett booster

Exclamation MPTune LM Fine Tuning Air/Fuel HELP!!!!

Set Up T2 87 Lebaron 2.5L auto - LM setup with BoostButton Cal - 72lb/hr injectors (Big, I know) - adjustable fuel pressure regulator - high performance fuel pump. Fuel pressure is set to 45.

Playing around with MPTune on this one and tried adjusting every number of fuel injector size (120-130 I see best results, anything lower and higher it doesn't run right), idle always no matter what sits at 10.0 A/F cruise at any speed is in the 11.2-12 A/F. Second I let go of gas pedal is goes to 10 again. Full Boost (15-18psi) I get 11-12 A/F.

I've been researching a ton on the LM set ups vs SMEC, I read that the LM rely's on adjusting just the fuel curve to get the parameters and the SMEC uses both fuel and spark/timing so the LM is slow to respond. So with that I feel my numbers above can be safe to drive?

I have tried playing around with a ton of different tunes in the ECU depository. Boost Button seems to run the best. I have also installed by stock TII injectors to see how I can get this baby running and I see the same type of numbers once I nail down the correct Injector Size tune.

BIGGEST ISSUE CURRENTLY: At 5-7psi I get 14-15 Air Fuel reading....not sure if that is due to the low fuel pressure I am running but I am also thinking I need to start playing with the fuel curves in the MP Tune, which I have absolute zero experience with. Any feedback is appreciated, also steps on how to adjust fuel curves in MPTune...

turbo addict

Re: MPTune LM Fine Tuning Air/Fuel HELP!!!!

I never adjust my fuel pressure, I like 3 bar. I use MPtuner to adjust the fuel amount.

Higher fuel pressure = lower fuel volume. Measure your fuel volume and you'll see if you need to upgrade your fuel pump for your needs.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...liter-per-hour

I was never happy with the fuel points came on ANY modified calibrations, I always have to adjust them to my liking.

Adjust FuelbaselinefromMap when the car is warmed up and idling/deceleration. Higher for richer, lower for leaner.
    Adjust Fuelpartthrottle points when when you're driving, basically any time you touch the throttle but not WOT
    Adjust FuelFullThrottle when you WOT

If you have a Moates Ostrich chip emulator, all the adjustment can be saved in real time while the engine is running and you can see the difference right away.

Garrett booster

Awesome, I'll start there and keep you posted, thanks for the details!

Garrett booster

So I got the FuelBaselineFromMap making my idle sit between 12.5-13.5, first time its been above 10.0 which is great! But that's when the engine was all warmed up when I started messing with those fuel curves...this morning I decided to start it up and see how it ran cold but I couldn't keep it running, kept stalling out within a few seconds and idled extremely rough. Any chance there's a way to adjust from a cold start? There's a lot of "cold" lines in the Fuel Running drop down menu but not sure which one to mess around with?

turbo addict

Well, load up the last calibration before the changes and see if it starts up and goes from there.

There is the fullcoldenrichmentcurveA, curveb, and cruvec play with those for cold start. A lot of the questions you asked has been answered, you'll have to search for the answer.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...e=Calibrations
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/se...archid=3729137

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you gotta get the totally warmed up running fuel dialed in completely before chasing warmup.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.