Hi guys - haven't posted in about a year. I missed the Mopar Nats this year after making it the last 5 in a row Dad is in super poor health, and got stuck doing major repairs to his 2004 Dakota this year. It's had me and my garage completely tied up since mid April.

Anyhow - my Shelby Z has been stored since last year. I rebuilt the A-555 in it (new synchros I sourced from here a few years back, new bearings, installed my group buy Quaiffe LSD). When I rebuilt the transmission, I did the selective shims, measured every clearance to .001" with dial indicator, even did the turning torque tests. I did have to get the main shaft welded and machined due to some pitting.

Trans was a bit noisy, but nothing terrible. I got to do two dyno pulls, and after that, the noise quickly got worse. I've only put about 10 miles on it under 40MPH since that time - almost exactly a year ago. The noise is pretty badunder accel or decel - no issues when in neutral, or in gear with the clutch engaged. It seems much worse in 3rd gear, and the worst in 4th.

I noticed today, while turning the drivers side tire, I can hold the passenger side axle still just by grabbing the inner CV joint cup. I assume this is rather bad considering I have a LSD. Trans fluid is clean, I see no metal shavings, and no burned smell. When I initially built it, it was ripping both tires loose with ease. I never did a sustained burnout with it - but is breaks the tires loose easily so did a few good strips. I'm afraid to give it any power until I do a teardown.

As soon as I get my dad's 2004 Dakota out of my garage (hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks) I will be pulling the engine and transmission. Just looking for some advice until that time.