Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cancelled again: Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

Hybrid booster

Re: Recheduled: 11/11/17 Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, M

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Thanks Mike, trying to round up the boys and see if they want to go too. Jacob can't due to work but Kyle might make it.
    Gary I'd like you to take the CSX VNT down there if you go

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Recheduled: 11/11/17 Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, M

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    Sorry, if I am not up on this, but what exactly is the event and how many runs can we expect to make?

I don't think any of us know what to expect. This is the first year under this new promoter, and they didn't do a registration.
    No idea how busy or how msny cars will be there, but it is a track rental and entry is $65 to race (iirc).
    So hopefully it won't be jam-packed.

I'm mostly just going to meet with friends. Not even sure if I'll be able to stretch the vans legs, haven't raced in almost 6 months, and won't be prepared honestly. Wanted time to test and make adjustments and have new slicks before Cecil and go there with every intention to break my best. But too many unknowns to make any promises other than i'm planning to be there!
    So I'll have the van fresh out of the shop, untested, with an unraced rebuilt trans, on +3 year old slicks, can't even remember what cal i had in there last, and don't know what needs to change with the recent repairs, trying to use the new version2 MPSciLink that i haven't even setup in the van yet ....
    Should be fun!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Gary I'd like you to take the CSX VNT down there if you go
    Thank you for the offer but I'm reluctant to race other people's cars in case something badly goes sideways.

Leaving one transaxle on the starting line was enough for me. I know if would have let go with anyone at the wheel but it still rests heavy on my thoughts.

Working on clearing the decks.

Hybrid booster

Thank you for the offer but I'm reluctant to race other people's cars in case something badly goes sideways.

Leaving one transaxle on the starting line was enough for me. I know if would have let go with anyone at the wheel but it still rests heavy on my thoughts.
    I trust you driving it better than I trust myself and besides that's what insurance is for:-)

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

There are a lot of unknowns with this event. In years past it was a charity event run by a Mustang group. Great group of guys. As the event grew in popularity, it did become a bit more crowded, although I had never really been at a loss for passes, especially towards the end of the day.
    This year they handed over the reigns to Johnny Lightning Performance, as the name implies, a Ford tuning house. I do not really know how they run things, but we shall see.
    This was not our first choice of date, but the date we had planned was scheduled as a test and tune day, but later was rented out. As we are nearing the end of the season, later test n tune days are more weather dependent, so this seemed like the most viable option.
    I am hoping next year we can plan a day earlier in the season, that would be somewhere between the warmer end-of-summer weather and the November cold. Seems like the best way to make sure the date is not taken from us is to invade another group's event that would allow outsiders to also run.
    I have reached out to MANDRA, but they have not yet scheduled a fall date for 2018. A bunch of us ran with them this past September and it was a regular test n tune, with their group, and an AMC club having their own staging lanes and run groups. Throughout the day the TnT lanes were open, and we had plenty of runs in between their programs. Pricing was also the regular Saturday TnT gate price. In addition, it's a nice spectacle to see the nostalgia drag cars run.

I'll keep you all abreast of that.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Is this right, the weather lookahead says 42 F for Saturday? Yikes.
    What's their temp limit before they cancel? Or with a rental will they race regardless?
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Is this right, the weather lookahead says 42 F for Saturday? Yikes.
    What's their temp limit before they cancel? Or with a rental will they race regardless?
    Yeah I saw only a high of 39

Maybe we should pack snow tires instead of slicks?!
    Wayne H.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Maybe we should pack snow tires instead of slicks?!
    Challenger does have traction control ;-)

The forecast is looking very very cold. If I hear anything from the track, I will post it here and on the facebook event page.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Re: Cancelled again: Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

Sorry all, the track has been officially closed due to expected cold weather on Friday-Saturday.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Hybrid booster

Re: Cancelled again: Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Sorry all, the track has been officially closed due to expected cold weather on Friday-Saturday.
    Damn, wanted to test new slicks...

Mitsu booster

Kind of wimpy. Cold? Come on now, we New Englanders know what cold is.
    39 or 42 isn't cold.

Damn, wanted to test new slicks...
    I guess this means lunch on Saturday? I'll being some tools up so we can tweak the pins.

Hybrid booster

I guess this means lunch on Saturday? I'll being some tools up so we can tweak the pins.
    Hell yeah!!!!!

Well, at least I'll still be getting my van back!

See some of you for breakfast!
    Anyone going yo want a demo of the new MPSciLink device?
    Of course, I'll need the van for that...
    Wayne H.

Well racing was canceled, but breakfast wasn't.
    See you guys at Denny's at 0830!
    Wayne H.

Hell yeah!!!!!
    Lunch was most excellent. My mom called right after we got home and asked what we were up to today.

"You went to New Hampshire for lunch?" lol

Hybrid booster

Lunch was most excellent. My mom called right after we got home and asked what we were up to today.

"You went to New Hampshire for lunch?" lol
    Everybody is always welcome my friend and you know how I roll. I appreciate it

Hybrid booster

Everybody is always welcome my friend and you know how I roll. I appreciate it

Next year I will definitely set a date for a club event up here. love having people and cooking for them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345