Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled again: Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

Garrett booster

Re: 10/28/17 Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

so what was actually wrong with joes van that it wouldn't pass tech?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

So if we get washed out by those d-bags with the money, who would want to make the drive further south to NC?
    At this point I'm still waiting for the van work to be completed since it snowballed into being a bit more involved.
    But. The tracks in NC are open all year really, weather permitting. So we could have a fun day in Oct or Nov with probably very good results.
    I can see what they run for a track rental also, and i'm sure it would be cheaper than we think.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    So if we get washed out by those d-bags with the money, who would want to make the drive further south to NC?
    At this point I'm still waiting for the van work to be completed since it snowballed into being a bit more involved.
    But. The tracks in NC are open all year really, weather permitting. So we could have a fun day in Oct or Nov with probably very good results.
    I can see what they run for a track rental also, and i'm sure it would be cheaper than we think.
    That would be a damn long haul for me, I wouldn't be able to make that. Has anybody ever checked Lebanon Valley?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    That would be a damn long haul for me, I wouldn't be able to make that. Has anybody ever checked Lebanon Valley?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I know it is too far south for the New Englanders.
    But we have good racing down here while you all are shoveling snow!
    I didn't think many would take me up on the offer, but I wanted to throw it out there.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I know it is too far south for the New Englanders.
    But we have good racing down here while you all are shoveling snow!
    I didn't think many would take me up on the offer, but I wanted to throw it out there.
    It would be cool for me, I was stationed at FT. Bragg for 4 years in the 82nd Airborne back in the very early 90's, haven't been back since. I wonder if Peadon's and Annebelles are still open?

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

10/21,22 are Mopar Days at Lebenon Valley in NY http://www.dragway.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    10/21,22 are Mopar Days at Lebenon Valley in NY http://www.dragway.com
    I'm going there. Got my NOS bottles filled and I'm ready to go. Planning on going on Saturday.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Re: Cancelled: 10/28/17 Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

How about Capitol Raceway in Crofton, MD? Let's move it there. I heard the track is under new management and is much improved. Track was repaved as well.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Cancelled: 10/28/17 Turbo-Mopar Invasion Day Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

Sorry for the bad news, everybody. While the ABM nats was crowded the past few years, and a bit spendy (although, it was a fundraising event) one of the advantages to tagging onto a larger event was date stability.
    I know myself and a few other locals are planning to go out at least a couple times more this season, I'll keep everybody in the loop.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I guess I'll cancel my flights for the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Ditto.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Ditto.
    You can both still come out. Mexican Train at the Cronks!
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Anyone have experience with Island Dragway in NJ? http://www.islanddragway.com The 28th is a test and tune from 12-5, but its also a rain date for a bike event.

A few New England people should be going 10/21 no matter what.

10/28 is listed as Test and Tune for LVD

boostaholic

Anyone have experience with Island Dragway in NJ? http://www.islanddragway.com The 28th is a test and tune from 12-5, but its also a rain date for a bike event.

Island dragway is the track I normally go to. Aways seem to get my best 60, at island. Never seems to be crowded either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

10/21 is Mopar day at Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY.... actually it is a two day event this year. I just plan on going on the Saturday. Everyone should come up and race there. Nice track and plenty of pit area.

boostaholic

Oct 21st at keystone raceway park in Pittsburgh is grudgment day. $15 to race or get in. 12-6 pm. Come on out guys,Already will have 2 vans running there.

Mitsu booster

Sorry guys running the ABM Nats was getting to be too much work and too stressful for me to continue. I always appreciated the support of the Turbo Mopars and enjoyed watching you guys run. Johnny Lightning Performance took over my rental and has changed the name to JLP Fall Drag Day. All of you are still invited but he has changed up the format. It's still an open run all day event, there is no prepay needed, but he has raised the price to $65 per car. IMHO there will be less cars since it is not promoted like I did and the cost is higher. Just wanted you guys to know you are still welcome to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikhuh View Post
    Sorry guys running the ABM Nats was getting to be too much work and too stressful for me to continue. I always appreciated the support of the Turbo Mopars and enjoyed watching you guys run. Johnny Lightning Performance took over my rental and has changed the name to JLP Fall Drag Day. All of you are still invited but he has changed up the format. It's still an open run all day event, there is no prepay needed, but he has raised the price to $65 per car. IMHO there will be less cars since it is not promoted like I did and the cost is higher. Just wanted you guys to know you are still welcome to attend.

Thank you sir. I had reached out to somebody that appeared to be involved with JLP but didn't get a response. Good to know we are welcome! And we appreciate the work you put into the ABM nats. It was a fun event, and I hope an effective fund raiser.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

So are we doing this?! $65 is fine for me, especially for "Open Run all day". What say you men?!
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Hybrid booster

the 28th again at cecil?? i'm back in for that...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast