Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doug Demuro thoughts on the Caliber SRT4

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Doug Demuro thoughts on the Caliber SRT4

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/a...of-cool-256771

Couldn't agree more, except I think the oversteer problem is really over rated. My Caliber SRT4 has 48k miles and was my 1st new car purchase. It has been by far the most reliable car I've ever owned. I've got a huge bin full of aftermarket performance parts, but I haven't installed them yet. I'd have to do a lot of modding to my old school cars in order to catch this thing in a straight line so I'm happy with it so far.

turbo addict

Re: Doug Demuro thoughts on the Caliber SRT4

I almost considered a caliber srt4. Almost. I went with a Shelby lancer from Chris instead.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Doug is pretty annoying.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    I almost considered a caliber srt4. Almost. I went with a Shelby lancer from Chris instead.
    Right on, I own an SL too. It has the full catalog of Poly Bushings.com parts on it and will run circles around the Caliber in the corners. Ruby on rails man.

- - - Updated - - -

contraption22

and this...and this... and here...and here.....and here....I think I know what you mean.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Right on, I own an SL too. It has the full catalog of Poly Bushings.com parts on it and will run circles around the Caliber in the corners. Ruby on rails man.

- - - Updated - - -

and this...and this... and here...and here.....and here....I think I know what you mean.
    I just love how h bodies look. I've got big plans for it in the way of power and handling. Already has a to4e 50trim with a tu manifold.

I just love how h bodies look. I've got big plans for it in the way of power and handling. Already has a to4e 50trim with a tu manifold.
    Agreed. I probably like the H-body more than any other turbo Mopar. It's just such a good sedan look, which I've always been a fan of. That reminds me, now that I'm done mowing the lawn and painting my house I got to get back to #127!

Hybrid booster

I'd love to do something like Jeremy is doing with his SL. Put an exotic engine under the hood like he is doing by going with Masi power. I owned a CSRT and liked it, but I enjoy my Spirit R/T more, if just due to the fact that the R/T is easier to work on.

I had to think a lot about wether to put a Masi 16v or TIII into my SL. In the end I just wanted something unique. I might have put a CSRT engine in, but my fab skills are very limited. But damn, an SL with a CSRT engine would be dynamite!

turbo addict

I had to think a lot about wether to put a Masi 16v or TIII into my SL. In the end I just wanted something unique. I might have put a CSRT engine in, but my fab skills are very limited. But damn, an SL with a CSRT engine would be dynamite!
    Now putting an srt4 setup in my 2.4l 4x4 5 speed Patriot would be badass.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Now putting an srt4 setup in my 2.4l 4x4 5 speed Patriot would be badass.
    That's true. I didn't even know you could get a 5 speed in an AWD. That's pretty cool. I had a friend with a CVT Patriot and it was kinda sluggish.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    That's true. I didn't even know you could get a 5 speed in an AWD. That's pretty cool. I had a friend with a CVT Patriot and it was kinda sluggish.
    The CVT is garbage. My Patriot ain't winning any races either. I think being AWD really saps a lot of your power. I drove a fwd 2.0 5 speed Patriot and I thought it felt as quick or quicker than my 2.4l. I used to be able to chirp the tires first to second shift but that stopped when I put all terrains on it.

Hybrid booster

I spoke to Aaron from the CSRT forum about an engine swap using the CSRT drivetrain and he said it would be so complicated it wouldn't be worth it.

turbo addict

I don't see how it would be any different than any other swap. You could either use the 6 speed or the t355.

Hybrid booster

Wiring issues vs performance returns I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    Wiring issues vs performance returns I guess.
    I don't doubt it would be a lot of work, at least getting it running with the stock ECU and going from there. For me, getting a Masi 16v or a Turbo III running in my SL seems like child's play. A big issue (for me) would be getting motor mounts fabbed and then getting the big 6-speed trans to fit which would probably not fit with the stock K-frame. And then driveshafts. But hell.....people are doing this kind of thing all the time as evidenced by quite a few YoutTube channels. I myself just can't weld! Kudos to those that can.

I think even a stock CSRT turbocharger would be a great fit on a TIII or Masi 16v though. I've talked to Chris at TU about upgrades on the CSRT. Now that the warranty is up on it, I'd like to go big and it looks like AGP Turbo is the way to go. But my real priority is to make the SL the daily driver again however strange it is

I've sold my dearly beloved Omni GLH Turbo to my older brother and I can't convince him to upgrade because the damn thing runs so well as-is. I've looked into buying another GLH but I'm out here in Wyoming and the shipping price is insane, especially if it doesn't already run.

I just read in the local newspaper that a few days ago that a local guy was busted with meth in a Dodge Rampage so maybe I'll try that. I could certainly use a 'truck' to get things from Home Depot to my house.

Well I looked all over on the street that was published in the local paper with my dog. I didn't see it anywhere. If it's the one I have seen, it's silver with a topper. Damn, a Rampage would be mighty handy lately with all the running back and forth from the dump and Home Depot!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    I spoke to Aaron from the CSRT forum about an engine swap using the CSRT drivetrain and he said it would be so complicated it wouldn't be worth it.
    The Neon drivetrain is much easier and personally I think it's a better platform.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/a...of-cool-256771

Couldn't agree more, except I think the oversteer problem is really over rated. . .
    I second this. The torque steer isn't as bad as he claims, but all his other complaints are pretty accurate.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    The Neon drivetrain is much easier and personally I think it's a better platform.
    I agree. I'm debating about sticking with a TIII or going 2.4 in my R/T

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

All you had to do was mention Doug to completely remove any credibility in whatever article you're referencing. That dude is a penis.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast