Thread: Need two bolt manual transmission clutch cable bracket for 89 lebaron

Garrett booster

Need two bolt manual transmission clutch cable bracket for 89 lebaron

Doing a automatic to manual swap and in need of a clutch cable bracket for 1989 lebaron. Car was an auto and I thought I had found one from an online dealer. But turns out it discontinued and no NOS left. So looking to see if anyone out there has one??? Thanks and quote with shipping to 43003 please. Thanks for looking!!

##Parts Acuired! Thank you for help!##
    Last edited by Moparman141; 08-19-2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Parts found

turbo addict

Re: Need two bolt manual transmission clutch cable bracket for 89 lebaron

info that may prove usefull later

there were two different clutch cable brackets that go on the strut tower .. an early version and a late version

your 89 would use the late version

difference between the two is the shape - one is square-ish and the other is longer and more rectangular

off hand I can't remember which is which

also there are two different clutch cables and each matches a particular bracket

when the length of the bracket changed so did the clip mounting position on the clutch cable sheathing
    although the cable length remains the same over all

. sometimes you get the cable from the parts store that matches the bracket you have .. sometimes you get the cable for the bracket you don't have

it can be a 50-50 chance of getting the right cable sometimes

so , if you get both brackets you'll be set for any cable you have and any cable you might get in future

this arrangement has caused others difficulty in the past

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    info that may prove usefull later

there were two different clutch cable brackets that go on the strut tower .. an early version and a late version

your 89 would use the late version

difference between the two is the shape - one is square-ish and the other is longer and more rectangular

off hand I can't remember which is which

also there are two different clutch cables and each matches a particular bracket

when the length of the bracket changed so did the clip mounting position on the clutch cable sheathing
    although the cable length remains the same over all

. sometimes you get the cable from the parts store that matches the bracket you have .. sometimes you get the cable for the bracket you don't have

it can be a 50-50 chance of getting the right cable sometimes

so , if you get both brackets you'll be set for any cable you have and any cable you might get in future

this arrangement has caused others difficulty in the past

Thank you for the long thought out list of info. I did read about the bracket changes and the cable differences. IF I'm right the amount of bolt holes goes along with the bracket changes. Except for the very early ones. Like 86-87?? The 90 and up cars have 3 bolts holes from best I can tell. As for cable I ordered one for the vehicle specific. Hope it's right?? So if anyone is reading this I'll try any two bolt bracket you have. If you know it came from a Daytona or Lebaron please contact me as those should be correct for sure. Thanks for all the awesome info here!!

i just parted a 89, i have the cable and bracket. let me know. i havent shipped your console yet, will later, can easily put in the box. i have the 2 hole style bracket

Garrett booster

Ok!! I decently take the bracket. Might consider the cable just to cover me?? But bracket is the big one. Prices?? Also since this interior was red do you have a good steering wheel?? As in the material isn't all faded/worn away? If so how much to add that to order?? Thanks again!

i didnt save the steering wheel. car is gone

Garrett booster

OK thanks just ship the other stuff and I did send payment thank you again

turbo addict

if you can get a known matching bracket and cable grab it .. even if just for reference

there is no garantie you will get the cable you actually need from the parts stores - it will be one or the other of the two and from past posts it's often going to be the wrong one

if there's a three hole bracket then there must be three style brackets the early , later and latest would be the three hole one

if you have a known matching set of cable and bracket you can compare it to whatever you get
    and as I said if you have both style brackets you're prepared for whatever cable you get handed

you CANNOT count on the parts stores to supply the correct cable for the exact year in this case sadly