Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
I didn't open mine up as far as some of these other guys. What I did was made a template so I could trace the outlines of the runners from one half to the other, and then matched them all up. They're not quite all the way to the gasket, but the transition is as smooth as I could get it. Then I smoothed the runners of the lower half as far as I could get with the tools I have, and smoothed the tops of the runners inside the plenum to make them more funnel shaped, if that's possible. The bottoms of the runners themselves I also made templates for and matched them to the ports on the head.

As for the throttle body, I chose a 52mm. I took the blade out, bolted it together, and traced the transition. I ported that and made the transition very smooth, and then smoothed that into the neck as far as possible. I also tapped the EGR hole for an aluminum plug, which I turned in just far enough to protrude into the neck, and then ground that smooth.

Now this has yet to go onto a running car, so I have no information as to how it will work.

Would that be the rare 5-rib intake that some of us saw at SDAC-19?
I think that was the one off that Ken had built personally. But it may have been the idea Andy is mentioning.