Thread: Nice little device for MPscan/MPtune

Mitsu booster

Nice little device for MPscan/MPtune

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WinBook-TW70...53.m2749.l2649

Bought this little guy to keep in my car for mpscan and mptune and media playback. Runs full Windows 8.1, has a full sized USB port, and includes a year of Microsoft Office 365 (I putting my activation code on ebay, they are selling for $30-$35.) Mptune recognized my Ostrich immediately. Mpscan took a few reboots and "plug and unplugs" to get it to recognized the ftdi cable. I tried a simple gauge layout that worked perfectly. With a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo and a windshield mount it should be awesom for what I want. Only down sides I see are the screen is pretty small to be doing too much with, and there is no built in GPS. I will probably buy a spare. Hope this is helpful for others!

Hybrid booster

Re: Nice little device for MPscan/MPtune

I'd suggest leaving your USB cable unplugged when the car is not in use. I recall someone having an issue where it always draws power and made the diag connector very hot.

Nice find!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I have the boostbutton USB cable, so I can just buy this thing and run MPscan on it right?

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: Can I run a burn2 off of this thing?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I have the boostbutton USB cable, so I can just buy this thing and run MPscan on it right?

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: Can I run a burn2 off of this thing?
    Since it is a windows tablet, yes.
    At least for the first question.

Android tablets require the usb OTG adapter and using mpscandroid program. But this tablet is full windows software you run the pc software, MPScan and MPTune.
    If the tablet recognizes the ostrich, you should be able to flash.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That's very tempting then.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That's very tempting then.
    I think you might find a 7" screen a bit small, when you have MPTune pulled up. The text would have to be small.
    Would have to see one in person.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

A stylus would be good. I have one of those pen/stylus(stylii?) things and a Lenovo Yoga 13. I'd like something smaller, but I bought a power inverter that goes from 12v to the laptop input voltage. But I'd do this in a heartbeat if I needed one. That's the biggest issue with tuning even with a laptop, size and mobility and storage in the vehicle.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I think you might find a 7" screen a bit small, when you have MPTune pulled up. The text would have to be small.
    Would have to see one in person.
    It is quite small and text is difficult. I just started using it but plan on playing with the resolution and there is always the widows magnifier app. With a stylus or a mouse things would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    A stylus would be good. I have one of those pen/stylus(stylii?) things and a Lenovo Yoga 13. I'd like something smaller, but I bought a power inverter that goes from 12v to the laptop input voltage. But I'd do this in a heartbeat if I needed one. That's the biggest issue with tuning even with a laptop, size and mobility and storage in the vehicle.
    A stylus would help for sure! I was getting tired of hauling my laptop every where. I would much rather this thing get stolen than my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by itoktoeatfish View Post
    It is quite small and text is difficult. I just started using it but plan on playing with the resolution and there is always the widows magnifier app. With a stylus or a mouse things would be easier.

A stylus would help for sure! I was getting tired of hauling my laptop every where. I would much rather this thing get stolen than my laptop.
    I was wondering if changing resolution would help, or help enough. Please let us know.

And, once you start changing tunes or datalogging, be sure to back-up that data somewhere... or else you'd rather it not get stolen!
    Wayne H.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

that looks pretty slick.

yeah id just keep a mouse in the car if you need to tune.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i was looking on ebay and there are tons of windows 8 tablets on there in various sizes. some used, some new

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

if you have an extra full sized usb port for the reciever and want a mouse I'd reccomend a gearhead mouse

MPT3100BLU any day - I've used mine for years - it has extra page fwd & bkwd buttons on it
    it's also fairly compact compared to most

lighted logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard works great too and works on 3 devices
    full size keyboard but there's no adding machine keys on the right so it's not so big
    and it's nice and thin
    been using that for years too so both seem to have a good service life