Thread: CSX hubs and discs on turbo mini?

Garrett booster

CSX hubs and discs on turbo mini?

Hi all, been into TD's for years but don't know why I never registered on here before...current garage is a one-owner '91 CS/AGS, a '90 Voyager turbo, 89 CSX-VNT 135 (2-option), and a no-title 86 GLHS that I haven't decided what to do with yet. Have had R/T's, other CSXs, SLs...but this current crop is a set of keepers.

Anyway - I'm loving my van, but hate the wheels. It has 5x114.3 hubs on it, and is currently wearing Caliber R/T wheels (I think; they were on it when I bought it). I have a set of gold crabs that I want to put on it with 225/50-15s, but I have to change hubs. I have two or three sets of CSX hubs/spindles/brakes (4 wheel disc) that I'm thinking of picking through and putting on, but a buddy of mine thinks something needs modified to get the rears to bolt up to the axle. Anyone have experience with any of this? Figured I'd ask before I started taking stuff apart...

Hybrid booster

Re: CSX hubs and discs on turbo mini?

I envy you having 5x114 van. it really opens up the world to you when it comes to wheel choices.. there are 10 times more 5x4.5 wheels and oem options than there are 5x100.

Garrett booster

There's actually tons of 5x100s out there too, lots of tuner style wheels and even retro wheels like torq-thrusts. But, I like stock TD wheels and have a set of gold crabs already, they'd look great on a brown van with tan interior and gold pinstripes. Sleeper-stock(ish). Just wondering if the spindles and hubs will bolt right up or if I have to modify something to make it work, that's all.

Hybrid booster

the rear is van specific. but i think all you need to do there is buy the rear drums with 5x100 bolt pattern. and bolt it on insteed of the 5x114 drums.

the front you need 84-90 van knuckles. and caliper brackets.and calipers. and rotors.
    the way the 114 knuckle and caliper mount are different.

Ya i had goldcrabs on my gold 89 woody van. looked pretty decent. mustangstuff.iwarp.com

Garrett booster

You can use car spindles on a van. Mine has 94' shadow spindles on it. The steering stops don't work but they fit just fine otherwise. The rear axle stub(think that's what it's called) has a different bolt spacing on the cars. So you have to modify it to fit the van axle. I think turbovanman has rear discs from a car on his van. Maybe search his posts or get ahold of him.

If someone already did a bolt pattern swap then you may already have the newer spindles. Does it have bolt in bearing/hub assemblies or press in ones? If it's got bolt in hubs you should just keep those spindles and install 5x100 hubs. That way you have the option to install the newer 11" brake setup. The front hubs are the same on cars and vans.