Thread: my r/t turned into a pigeon call?

Hybrid booster

my r/t turned into a pigeon call?

It's the dam-est thing ,I was out last night enjoying the cool air in Orlando with the radio turned down. I get on the Spirit hard, after 4000 in first it starts hitting hard spinning the wheels, catch second same deal boosting harder than usual after 4000 .Even catch third So when I let off i hear the stock blow off sounding like pigeon cooing, & the turbo winding down.I sounds like that turkey call video.I checked the hoses but could not see any problems.It usually gargles in the factory air cleaner when I shift but this makes me laugh whenI hear it.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: my r/t turned into a pigeon call?

We need video with sound,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I'm guessing a split/ruptured intercooler hose or you blew out the stock BOV diaphram.

Hybrid booster

Every time I shift it goes wouoaoouoaoo, It's holding boost though. When I turn it off I can hear it leaking pressure .Hisssss The ole r/t always runs better when the weather drops in the 80's here in Fl....dave.

Hybrid booster

I had the same problem. It's the BOV. I lost power as the bov would open and close while holding WOT..... I put a DSM bov on it to cure the problem.

bov

Had a similar thing happen a few years ago, was a torn diaphram in the BOV. I have a Talon BOV Flange if ya need, and access to a few BOVs as well. Make sure you crush it before installing to hold those last few psi's!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I recently replaced the stock BOV on my Spirit R/T (which was working fine BTW) with a 1st gen DSM BOV. Worked great except for some annoying whistling sound at part throttle cruise. About a week later I replaced it with a Tial which also works great except the stock Tial spring is super stiff and won't release during part throttle low boost shifts. I ordered a softer spring for it last week. Hope it works better or the DSM BOV is going back in.

Hybrid booster

I have a hks bov thats sitting in my tool box ,just been lazy. It's holding boostThe look on peoples faces is priceless

Hybrid booster

Well I looked at the car good today. the plastic line that run to the bov & a few other places are broke.So there is no vac going to the bov( It must be vibrating like a reed).