Thread: Ok to solder ftdi cable to LM?

Mitsu booster

Ok to solder ftdi cable to LM?

I bought this cable and its working just fine with an adaptor I made but I really don't like all the extra cable routing. Does anyone see any problems with soldering right to the contacts on a logic module?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Ok to solder ftdi cable to LM?

are you going to solder the cable to the CPU or to the wiring that goes to the SCI connector under the hood?

I have one LM with wires soldered directly to the CPU on the board. it uses a Schmartboard TTL to RS232 adapter that ive used for years. this connection doesnt require the FTDI to be programmed to Inverted logic.

i also have an extra SCI connector at the LM now that i soldered to the pink, light green and black with white stripe wires on the red connector of the LM so my FTDI cable was close. This connection requires the inverted logic programming of the ftdi.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i also have an extra SCI connector at the LM now that i soldered to the pink, light green and black with white stripe wires on the red connector of the LM so my FTDI cable was close. This connection requires the inverted logic programming of the ftdi.
    I planned on doing it like that. The cpu contacts are probably too small for my skill level haha.

Hybrid booster

Would this be the same cable I would need to grab to attach to my SCI board? Rob was out of stock on complete cables, so I bought a board, and need to figure out which cable to pick up.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_Produ...R7DtM6b7hTwLVv

This cable is one that works. I have this one. You have to add a connector to the end to plug onto the sci board.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.