Thread: 87 lebaron gts

87 lebaron gts

Bad noise when hitting brake in front, okay not stupid worn brakes grinding, but wheel being beat with 20lbs sledge. Sometimes no sound at all...????...checked wheel bearing,appears okay. 1st time happened when backing up pretty slow. Checked caliper,checked bearing,checked ball joint,checked bolts attaching brake bracket to front spindle, checked half shaft bearing. Going down road is fine, only when hitting brakes, and not every time wtf. Annoyed. Although wheel bearing seems fine 'could' that be it? All major parts getting changed soon, at point of just throwing parts at it.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 87 lebaron gts

Check to see if you're missing one or more of the little wire anti-rattle clips. May seem minor, but they can make one heck of a racket when missing.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

My money is on an axle. Do you get a vibration when this happens? I went through something similar a few years ago in my Daytona . I refused to throw parts at it and it ended up breaking an axle. No problems thereafter.

Sorry about the LONG update, and appreciate all help! So anyhow I pulled down the front right side, to check bearing, lower ball joint and tie rod joint.All were okay, everything was smooth, even bearing. Figured, what the h311, put it back together and figured it would break or not, at least if it would break problem would be found. Brake pedal pulsated violently then would just stop and be good for a few more tries BUT was able to hone in on noise which came from back brakes...??..pulled off passengers side. The brake liners had delaminated, and would manage finding home every so often. Never ever had brakes delaminate before , but caused serious havoc.