Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Wideband These days?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: What Wideband These days?

That does look like a winner. Now, who has an arduino ready block of code to control a 7 segment display that I could discretely mount to the dash?

Hold the phone. Isn't this what I've been looking for all along? It looks like I'll have to make my own cable, but other than that is there a down side?

https://www.14point7.com/products/slc-free

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The PLX unit has a narrow band output. At least they did at one time. That's the unit I had in the CSX.
    That's right, I think I saw your install video on youtube.

It definitely has a narrowband output but I don't think you can change the voltage scaling to trick the stock ECU like you can with the Innovate products.

https://www.wide-band.com/
    I had the "D1" from these guys before I got the PLX. The "D1" model they sell now is a little different from the one I had. It looks like they have updated it. It worked well. A notable feature of that one was that the display reacted very quickly almost to the point of being hard to read at times. Lean spikes were easy to spot. It helps to have one like that if you don't have the ability to datalog but otherwise it's just annoying to have the display fluctuating so much.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Hold the phone. Isn't this what I've been looking for all along? It looks like I'll have to make my own cable, but other than that is there a down side?

https://www.14point7.com/products/slc-free
    That looks pretty sweet. Only downside I see is that I normally think in afr vs lambda..... Then again it's open source so someone could modify the code to display afr and possibly degf for the sensor temp.

I've always used www.wbo2.com tech edge devices.... For like 14 years. I still am using my original diy 2A0 diy unit without issue. I also built a 2y2 unit with built in display a ways back and it works well too. Only caveat with tech edge. Their customer support has dropped off over the years though I haven't had a problem with their products that I needed immediate customer support for so it's 2nd hand info that the people of their company aren't as visible on the customer service front like they used to be.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by lightbulb010 View Post
    That's right, I think I saw your install video on youtube.

It definitely has a narrowband output but I don't think you can change the voltage scaling to trick the stock ECU like you can with the Innovate products.

https://www.wide-band.com/
    I had the "D1" from these guys before I got the PLX. The "D1" model they sell now is a little different from the one I had. It looks like they have updated it. It worked well. A notable feature of that one was that the display reacted very quickly almost to the point of being hard to read at times. Lean spikes were easy to spot. It helps to have one like that if you don't have the ability to datalog but otherwise it's just annoying to have the display fluctuating so much.
    Thanks for the link. I'll investigate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    That looks pretty sweet. Only downside I see is that I normally think in afr vs lambda..... Then again it's open source so someone could modify the code to display afr and possibly degf for the sensor temp.

I've always used www.wbo2.com tech edge devices.... For like 14 years. I still am using my original diy 2A0 diy unit without issue. I also built a 2y2 unit with built in display a ways back and it works well too. Only caveat with tech edge. Their customer support has dropped off over the years though I haven't had a problem with their products that I needed immediate customer support for so it's 2nd hand info that the people of their company aren't as visible on the customer service front like they used to be.

Brian
    Thanks for that update on Tech Edge. I did look at them, because I recall you and several others using them years ago. Frankly, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since you bought your first unit and that didn't sit well with me.

I do like the open source aspect of the 14point7 unit so that may be a way to go. I'll attempt to dig into that some more. If it's well documented enough, the change to AFR and *F should be super easy.

I ordered up the do it yourself kit. I'll post back up when I have the car running with it.

Which diy kit? 14point7 or techedge? (Didn't actually look to see if 14.7 had a DIY kit)

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

14point7. The WB which reads lambda and temp you have to put together yourself.

Dunno what I was reading when I was on their site lol. Didn't realize it was diy lol.

Brian

I have since bought the Spartan 2.0 and installed it in Joy's Daytona. It comes all but pre-assembled. You have to solder on a header pin for the LCD and the Molex connectors to the base board, but that's it. It also comes with a nice 3D printed case which it slides nicely into. I have used the narrow band output function to run the LM in her car and it works really well. I'll certainly be buying another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12