Thread: Flaming river manual rack with universal coupler?

Mitsu booster

Flaming river manual rack with universal coupler?

Got off the phone with flaming river steering a bit ago after reading up in the TD forums about them having Lbody manual racks that are rear steer. They also offer universal couplers. They have 2 sizes pn: FR1507-2 which is 45 inches and FR1507-3 which is 42 inches. Id also need the measurememts for the steering column end for the coupler. From the info I've been finding im hearing all different numbers of sizes from 41 to 49 inches from end to end so i guess what im trying to ask is for a solidified length. Maybe im missing some thing I don't know but anything helps thanks in advance!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Flaming river manual rack with universal coupler?

I think you're going to find the different measurements to be related to the cars and the method of measurement. An "L" body will be different from a "H", etc, also, there may be a difference between a tilt and non-tilt steering column...

I'd ask Flaming river how they came up with their measurements and compare to how folks here came up with their numbers, and if one was a particular body style with or w/out tilt.

Good Luck!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

I can get the dimensions for the rack, I have one sitting around out of the car. What exactly do you need measurements of? Can you explain more or use a pic to identify where you need measurements?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Looks like rock auto might have manual racks back in stock

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk