Thread: MPTune not loading .BIN file...

Garrett booster

Angry MPTune not loading .BIN file...

Hi,

I am new to MPTune, never used it before but understand how to. I installed the program, running the version 2 update. It can open the .tpl files but wont open any .bin files...

When I have a .tpl file opened and click 'compile' it asks me to open another file...whats going on?

I am using Shelgames preloaded cals on
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ton-Stage-Cals

zip file T-LM-StgIII

Basically I need it to open the bin files but pop up "no valid table file exists for C:\Users\mikeo\Desktop\T-LM_25_ATX_S-III.bin"

Help?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPTune not loading .BIN file...

after you extracted the files from the zip file did you move any files to new locations? if so that is probably the problem.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    after you extracted the files from the zip file did you move any files to new locations? if so that is probably the problem.
    I extracted the file to my desktop, then drag it in to MPTune. Once the pop-up comes up then a NEW icon on my desktop pops up with the same name but instead of .bin its .err

extract ALL the files into a new folder. open mptune and browse to that folder to open EITHER the .bin file or a .tpl file. to open a .bin file requires a corresponding .mpt file. to COMPILE a .tpl to a .bin file will require that the corresponding .asm file is in the same folder.

Garrett booster

extract ALL the files into a new folder. open mptune and browse to that folder to open EITHER the .bin file or a .tpl file. to open a .bin file requires a corresponding .mpt file. to COMPILE a .tpl to a .bin file will require that the corresponding .asm file is in the same folder.
    Wow, looks like I was only selecting certain files to extract, not the entire folder. Well THANKS! Got it working now, cheers!

Mike

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

On a similar note, is there any way to pull a .bin off a chip and open it in MP Tune without a matching .tpl? Can you create a .tpl for a .bin, or does it only work the other way round?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

without a file that defines where the tables are at and what type of table it is, it is not possible to view in mptune/dcal/chem. the only way to create that table file is to disassemble it and manually ID the tables/code. if you are lucky there COULD be a .mpt or .tbl file already done for a similar bin (e.g. auto vs manual) that you could try copying to the correct name and giving that a shot.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

without a file that defines where the tables are at and what type of table it is, it is not possible to view in mptune/dcal/chem. the only way to create that table file is to disassemble it and manually ID the tables/code. if you are lucky there COULD be a .mpt or .tbl file already done for a similar bin (e.g. auto vs manual) that you could try copying to the correct name and giving that a shot.
    Back when I had great success with the "cross identify" option in Dcal. It's prehaps the feature I miss most about it. Sure, most of the tables were garbled and unreadable, but a guy who knew what he was looking for could learn a whole lot from what was actually found in my experience.