Thread: PCV drain back instead of catch can

Threaded View

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

PCV drain back instead of catch can

I want to drain the PCV line back to the pan instead of using a catch can. Can I put a Tee in the turbo drain back hose for that purpose?

Boyd, here in SoCal has done it with a check valve in the drain back line.

The 1/2" line that I have now from the valve to the air box, drops down below both the air box and the PCV at the valve cover but it then goes back up to the air box. That is, there's a low spot in the line.

Im wondering about putting a Tee at that low spot in the line because from there it is still more downhill to a spot on the turbo drain back hose where I could put a second Tee to enable any oil in the PCV line to drain back to the sump.

Your comments would be appreciated, for instance, what about blow by from the sump, when the PCV valve is closed? Where does the pressure go in a stock engine when the PCV is closed by boost? If I install a drain back hose that's where the pressure would be relieved up to the air box
    Last edited by johnl; 07-06-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia