Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodge Dart

boostaholic

Re: Dodge Dart

A few months ago I bought a 2017 Fusion Sport, needed to replace my daily driver
    2.7 V-6, twin turbo AWD
    325 hp 380 tq
    Crazy fun to drive and gets 26 mpg's, (mostly highway)
    I don't plan on modding my car but a guy on the Sport forum has gone 12.61@107- drop in air filter and a tune

turbo addict

You just better hope nothing goes wrong with it after warranty. At least with the 3.5 fusion I worked on, you have to drop the engine just to remove the timing cover. That thing had 0 room in the engine bay. Couldn't imagine adding a couple of turbos.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Hmmm! Looking like it may be time to move on!!

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    You just better hope nothing goes wrong with it after warranty. At least with the 3.5 fusion I worked on, you have to drop the engine just to remove the timing cover. That thing had 0 room in the engine bay. Couldn't imagine adding a couple of turbos.

And that's why I like my T-M's... Easy to work on, and cheap to fix...

I'm sure when I get older, I won't want to wrench as much, but right now, I don't care if I ever buy another new car...

If I could talk her into it, I'd buy my wife a turbo Caravan, and upgrade it... But she likes here newer cars and gadgets...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post

I'm sure when I get older, I won't want to wrench as much, but right now, I don't care if I ever buy another new car...

If I could talk her into it, I'd buy my wife a turbo Caravan, and upgrade it... But she likes here newer cars and gadgets...
    That's a problem I have now is not being able to wrench on vehicles like I used to!

turbo addict

It was a shock to me coming from a Dodge dealer to an independent. Seems like most fwd v6 Ford's and GM's you have to drop the engine to do any work. Mopars are not like that.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

I like the Kia Forte and the Mazda3, maybe the Focus, but other than that, the B-segment in this country is pretty depressing to me. I've been considering more and more the option of finding a low-mileage Neon outside of the rust belt and driving it home when I need to retire mine. There just isn't much out there that I like as much as I like the Neon.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

turbo addict

It was a shock to me coming from a Dodge dealer to an independent. Seems like most fwd v6 Ford's and GM's you have to drop the engine to do any work. Mopars are not like that.
    I can't call out any of my past fords for not being reliable as hell but even since the 70's fords way of putting things , anything and everything under the hood has been so completely retarded that it's laughable

gm isn't much better - especially with stupid cars like the cavalier / sunfire

people seem to think all the 80's stuff was the same crap but our little dodges are at least reasonably easy to service
    - I can't say the same for ford and gm's cars

thus far I've owned only fords and mopars - no asian stuff and no gm's

(however I'd consider a caddy cts wagon ... and if a 70 LT1 vette roadster droped in my lap ...)

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm sure I'll catch flack for it, but the new Civic Type-R looks pretty sweet from a performance standpoint. I would be all over an ST or RS also if I were looking for something FWD/AWD and new. Chrysler has really dropped the ball. They should have never done away with the turbo, and kept the Omni, Shadow, or Neon.

Garrett booster

Chrysler really dropped the ball on the Dart. I was ready to pull the trigger on buying a new Dart when they came out, but at the time the Fiesta ST was out for about the same money so that is what I bought. With talks about he Dart SRT/GLH I was ready to trade in the Fiesta for one of those, of course those cars never happened. After 3 years and 56k miles of ownership I am very happy with the Fiesta ST. However I still keep looking at a few left over 2016 Dart Turbos that are for sale around me, but they are not as fun as the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm sure I'll catch flack for it, but the new Civic Type-R looks pretty sweet from a performance standpoint. I would be all over an ST or RS also if I were looking for something FWD/AWD and new. Chrysler has really dropped the ball. They should have never done away with the turbo, and kept the Omni, Shadow, or Neon.
    I will agree. Outside of a new Challenger, nothing FCA offers flips my lid... The Fiat 500 Abarth would be a cool little runabout, but not for $20K+...

I look around at what's offered, then look at my nice, red, PAID FOR Daytona, and think, nope, I don't need a new car...

turbo addict

I will agree. Outside of a new Challenger, nothing FCA offers flips my lid... The Fiat 500 Abarth would be a cool little runabout, but not for $20K+...

I look around at what's offered, then look at my nice, red, PAID FOR Daytona, and think, nope, I don't need a new car...
    If you don't care about back seats look at the 124 Spyder. I really liked it. It's not a crazy fast car but runs good. Apparently with an intake, exhaust and tune you can make 200+whp on pump gas.

If you don't care about back seats look at the 124 Spyder. I really liked it. It's not a crazy fast car but runs good. Apparently with an intake, exhaust and tune you can make 200+whp on pump gas.
    Yeah, but the only version of that I like is the Abarth, and it's $30K+..... But I will admit, it is a sweet looking car. Not sure I could fit in it though....

turbo addict

The abarth looks cool but engine wise it's the exact same. Its not much different really. I think it's just a sportier suspension, loud exhaust and a limited slip. The brembos are optional.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Personally, I like some of what Honda offers! And yes, with Chrysler mainly only pushing out Challengers,Chargers, Trucks and SUV's, I think they have messed up towards many potential new customers,and left out many old!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12