Hello all,

Last week I got a CEL while driving my '89 Spirit, but didn't think anything of it because it didn't come back next time I started the car and seemed fine for a while. But now it happens every time I go somewhere, CEL and 12 & 13 stored in the SMEC. Sometimes the light will come on as I'm cruising down the road and I just keep driving with no issues, if it happens as I come to a stop the engine runs really rough and tries to stall. Last time it happened was on the way home from work today, I glanced at the wideband gauge and it was running stupidly lean (like 26:1) before it died. It's not fuel pressure related, pressure is steady at 45lbs.

Code 13 is the map sensor, so I pinched off the rubber hose going to it and the engine stalled like I would expect so I assume the problem isn't map related and it's only popping because the RPM's drop when this happens which causes map to rise as well.

Code 12 is sort of cryptic, but if the ECU were randomly losing power leading to a reset I could see that causing the issue I'm having. I did notice the voltage gauge reading a little lower than normal lately, but the battery is staying charged and terminal voltage stays solid at 13.3 volts no matter how many loads I turn on so I assume the regulator is doing its job. Only thing I changed so far is the auto shutdown relay, which didn't fix anything.

this is an FWDP socketed SMEC with my own tune in it, any ideas where to look next? It's my DD, I kinda have to get to work. lol