So, i didn't post this out before going because i wasn't sure i could make it.
I had been struggling for weeks in my limited free time to sort out and resolve fully some boost control issues. (My original Garrett large can actuator was only capable of right around 25psi, fully bled off. On a previous track day, my hose blew off the actuator and it only made 25psi, thankfully!)
So there had been some discussion in one of my other threads about modifying the Kinugawa actuator that i thought would work for me. After testing though, i still wasn't as happy with it.
I ordered a Garrett 430099-034 large can actuator rated at just over 15psi, and reinstalled the TU z bracket and the new actuator.
I also bought and installed for testing a cheaper electronic boost controller that Harry (tryingbe) had spoke highly of. HDi SBC-D-SE from ebay.
I'm likewise pretty impressed with it for the money $137 i think.
Did some quick street testing, and figured i set it well enough to try at the track.

So enter friday night and it turns out to be Freaky Friday, which is always busy down there and after the last time i went i said i would never go back. This might be my last chance before SDAC27, so i had to go.

First run right off the trailer, bye run. EBC set pretty much where i hoped. But launch was a bit slippery. But not bad for a shakedown.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1496676032602.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	60907

I adjusted the high boost setting just a tad higher, trying to get just over 25psi for the next run.
2nd run, i bailed out after the burnout because my Check Engine light came on and stayed on. Went back to the pits, since i couldn't see what was up. Connected DRBII to find "TPS volts too high". Well damn, found my TPS became unplugged on its own? Plugged back in and good to go.
Actual 2nd pass was against a Nissan 350z that went around some cars to pull beside me at the staging lanes. What's this? You want an easy win against a van to boost your ego? Son, you just don't know what you did...
Not only was he asleep at the light, but i don't think losing by 36 car lengths helped out his ego...
It must have looked every bit as humiliating from the stands...

Now, the Nissan guy was not the only one surprised either, as the van pulled so hard out of the hole it surprised me! I hit the 1-2 shift perfect just flickering my shift light, but the 2-3 i lost my concentration and shifted by sound, never lighting the shift light (shifted 300rpm too early!)
This is my new record 60' time, and my fastest 1/8 mile time! If i just wouldn't have flubbed my shift, who knows!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1496676293341.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	60908

3rd run, after looking at logs from run 2, i had more boost than i expected, and had some timing retards. So i tweaked my cal a bit to lower the AdvanceFromMapFull when higher in the boost range.
This was another bye run. And as the air temp was dropping a bit (now in the 70's) my tire pressure was dropping too. So usually don't run 13psi in these slicks. My best launches have been on 14.5

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1496676808463.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	60909

Since i was hoping for better, and since they race until 3am on Freaky Friday, i figured one more run.
Again lower tire pressure than i wanted. I should have aired up a bit and had them where i wanted.
I'm next to a white Chevy z71 4x4 ext cab i think, with bigger tires.
Buddy, i hope you don't think your dual exhaust is a big power adder...

I felt something that run, right about at the 60' mark....pity!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1496677536473.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	60910

Lots of folks came by to check out and ask about the van. Everyone seems to like it! What's not to like!