Thread: Sway bar end link mod

turbo addict

Sway bar end link mod

I was planning to do the sway bar endlink mod with the Nissan Sentra end links. I know the bolt can come somewhat close to the CV boot. I was under my uncle's 02 Sebring vert and though these might be a good alternative. Thoughts?

boostaholic

Re: Sway bar end link mod

I was looking into this mod yesterday, I see all the info that was on the PNW website is gone.
    Anyway to get it stickied here?

Mitsu booster

I'm interested in this mod as well- is there another link to where the info is? Thanks!

turbo addict

I have a set of Sebring convertible sway bar links I'm going to eventually install. You basically have to cut the ends of the sway bar to proper length, drill and tap to whatever bolt will go into it and wither use an existing hole in the control arm or drill a new one.

Mitsu booster

Huh. Just looked up the Sebring convertible end links; those are definitely funky- and I can see exactly how they'd be used for this application.

turbo addict

I like the fact that it uses 2 ball joints instead of 1 with bushings that way you can hopefully avoid being to close to the CV axle and it should have freer movement. Maybe?

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    I like the fact that it uses 2 ball joints instead of 1 with bushings that way you can hopefully avoid being to close to the CV axle and it should have freer movement. Maybe?
    It looks like it should definitely at least not bind up as much as the stock setup. I think that the rod-with-bushings setup (like the PB sway bar uses) would be even better in that respect- but this should be far more cost-effective.

turbo addict

I don't see how using a heim joint would be better. With the heim joint you have to use bushings where it attaches to the control arm. Whereas the Sebring links use no bushings at all. Bushings are generally more restrictive.

Mitsu booster

I was thinking that the bushings would move a bit more freely side-to-side and bind less, but I guess it's just a matter of where it's rotating- the Sebring link will rotate closer to the center of the link at the ball joints while the PB/heim joint would flex/rotate at the control arm pass-through. Both would definitely be an improvement over stock though...

turbo addict

If anyone wants to weld the end tabs on their bar like we do here, you can buy them from PolyBushings so you can do your own bar.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If anyone wants to weld the end tabs on their bar like we do here, you can buy them from PolyBushings so you can do your own bar.
    That's a decent idea actually. Welding a tab on should be infinitely easier than drilling and tapping.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    May end up taking you up on that- will have to see how things go with the budget for the Challenge... I kind of have to get the car (truck? I never know what to call the Rampage) running before I worry about things like 'handling' :P