Hello All,
For some time now I have been frustrated by a intermittent left turn signal indicator light on my 1985 Dodge Shelby. I've chased and traced and verified grounds to no avail until now. I finally decided to pull the gauge pod back out and inspect it closely. I found three loose pins for the circular socket on the the rally cluster p/c board. Pin "K" for left turn ind being one and the key buzzer pin being another. Upon thinking about it I realized that the key buzzer was also intermittent. When these p/c boards were manufactured the pins were inserted and tabs on the pin were compressed against the board to holding the pin against the copper trace on the other side. Vibration caused these mechanical connections to loosen over time. I checked all the pins on the board, there are six for the circular plug and ten on the left side of the board and the tachometer board has a row of the also. The repair is simple, the pins can be soldered to the trace. Be sure to use a small amount of flux on each pin at its base, heat the flux to make it flow and then solder the joint being careful to not bridge any traces together. Will this fix the indicator problem? Only time will tell but I'm betting on the repair because it is now working where as before it was not.