Thread: SE Michigan area TD guys willing to lend a hand

Mitsu booster

SE Michigan area TD guys willing to lend a hand

Hello,

I have an 89 Shelby Daytona that I took off the road about 18 months (drained all the fuel before doing so) ago and would like to get it back on the road. Long story short is, I use to drive this car a lot prior to 2006, it has been modified and was dyno'd in 2004 at 256hp with about 23 PSI of boost. In the last 10 years it has had about 200 miles a year put on it, mostly to car shows when the weather has been nice. The last time it ran it was running rich and would not keep an idle.

I have lost a lot of my knowledge of trouble shooting and tuning the car and need a hand with it. I have most of the tools (expect for an OBD II), as well as a few different computers for it. Is there anyone near the Ann Arbor area that would mind coming over to take a look?

Here are a few pictures of my Shelby that were taken about 5 years ago in Phoenix AZ before moving to MI.

Thanks,

Matt

Hybrid booster

Re: SE Michigan area TD guys willing to lend a hand

I know ah retired engineer that spent his career at the Proving Grounds that is a walking encyclopedia on the turbo cars. I'll see if I can chase him down and hook you two up...Might take a couple weeks tho'. He still lives in the Chelsea area but he and his Bride are enjoying their retirement all over the country. Stand By, Jer

Mitsu booster

Re: SE Michigan area TD guys willing to lend a hand

Sounds great.... I'm not pressed for time, just would like to do something before the end of summer.