Thread: Can anyone give me an idea about these: LM & PM

Mitsu booster

Can anyone give me an idea about these: LM & PM

Some of you guys know that I got myself an 86 turbo T&C wagon towards the end of last year. Now that the weather is nice (and I got my Cherokee back on the road after the manual trans decided to become rather obnoxious), I am finally getting to do some work to the Woody wagon. I love it, it's my dream car lol.
    Anyway, I came across an 87 LeBaron convertible in a junkyard. It had been re-ended and totalled by the insurance company. I pooped the hood, 2.2 turbo, this motor was either freshly rebuilt very recently or something along those lines, because there was not one seep or drop of anything on it. At least I would say it had a newer head, because it was absolutely spotless and shiny. The dicotomy was the interior was pretty dirty. Maybe someone was restoring it? I took the digital cluster, which I have wired to plug in my 93 Cherokee, surprisingly very similar in dimensions.

The real question though, I went after the Logic and Power Modules, finding that they were remanufactured with 1998 and 2000 date codes showing. I grabbed both, and was wondering if anyone know if the LM is a stock reman, or a Mopar Performance? Check out the pics. The LM has a white sticker with "329" if you lift off that little plate, I didn't know if that meant anything or not. And from what I understand, these both would work in my 86, correct? I would keep them for backup, but if the LM is performance, I'm putting it in the wagon.
    The car runs great now, and I plan to go a bit higher on the boost, build a custom intake, and better exhaust. I just need to attend to the underneath (NY car). But drives and looks great, until you crawl under it of course. Hopefully the pics upload.... Thanks everyone, if anyone knows anything about these, please educate me, I am still learning these cars.
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/590011553050b/KIMG2200.jpg?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/590011b16e6d5/KIMG2200.jpg?

turbo addict

Re: Can anyone give me an idea about these: LM & PM

mopar pref / direct connection parts numbers start with the letter P
    regular mopar part numbers do not

so the lm is a mp part the power module will be either a new replacement or a mopar rebuild

they used to cary rebuilt clusters , digital , lm, pm and smec
    I've use a few

Mitsu booster

Awesome, that sums it all up. Thanks for the info!

Hybrid booster

In 87 they switched to the map sensor being located in the engine compartment instead of being on the LM like it was 84-86. So you'll have to make some wiring changes to make this 87 work with your 86 setup.