Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two problems with turbonator cals

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Two problems with turbonator cals

honestly, a stock scaleable version would be great at this point for this era of ecu... specially since those willing the mod the code are scarce nowadays.....

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    honestly, a stock scaleable version would be great at this point for this era of ecu... specially since those willing the mod the code are scarce nowadays.....
    Can we not do this with MPTuner? I thought we have several stock cals that are able to be modified.
    Last edited by chromguy; 09-24-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

i've got a disassembly i did a few years ago on a stock sbec1 577 cal (1990 yr?). doing a quick compare vs the v3 code shows a number of changes obviously, including some drb stuff that is not in the v3 code. i'll look at cleaning this stock cal up and posting it up. if it runs ok, i can look at either adding the drb stuff back to the v3 code or moving the v3 stuff to the stock code which probably would be alot harder.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

If I knew how easy it was to use mpscan I would have done it a long time ago lol. With a windows 10 laptop I just downloaded the program, installed it, opened it and then let it update. Plugged the Boostbutton cable in and checked the box to load vcp. Unplugged and replugged the cable and it was ready to go. Hooked it to the car this morning and no miss whats so ever with version 3! At least now I can data log and do some fine tuning on my sbec.

posted up the stock sbec 2.5 atx a577 cal. this is the stock cal with a couple tweaks to fix a code issue as well as commented out the emissions reminder light routine that causes problems with the flash modules. also is set up for scaling as requested. lmk how it works. also had to post up a new version of mptune so make sure you are running 2.0.6.6 before opening this cal.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    posted up the stock sbec 2.5 atx a577 cal. this is the stock cal with a couple tweaks to fix a code issue as well as commented out the emissions reminder light routine that causes problems with the flash modules. also is set up for scaling as requested. lmk how it works. also had to post up a new version of mptune so make sure you are running 2.0.6.6 before opening this cal.
    Had to reinstall mptune as mine would not update for some reason. Installed 2.0.6.5 and it updated to 2.0.6.6 when I closed it out. Took the a577 cal and made a few adjustments on the boost level and fan control. Added it some timing and have been driving it a couple of days. Runs perfectly well. Since its an automatic cal and my car is a manual it causes it to idle a little higher than normal on decel. Both my scanners and the DRBIII work well on this cal also. Im going to drive it a couple more days just to be sure. The only down side is no turbonator features of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rgl10 View Post
    Had to reinstall mptune as mine would not update for some reason. Installed 2.0.6.5 and it updated to 2.0.6.6 when I closed it out. Took the a577 cal and made a few adjustments on the boost level and fan control. Added it some timing and have been driving it a couple of days. Runs perfectly well. Since its an automatic cal and my car is a manual it causes it to idle a little higher than normal on decel. Both my scanners and the DRBIII work well on this cal also. Im going to drive it a couple more days just to be sure. The only down side is no turbonator features of course.
    thx great news rgl10. do you have a wideband? lmk what are the primary features from the tsbec v3 cal you want and i'll see if i can add them. some of them are pretty straight forward. others not so simple!!!! i've got a version where i've copied in alot of rob's turbonator code. we can try things 1 at a time.

lmk.

I have a wideband but I don't have it wired into my sbec. I think the flash on knock is the most important turbonator feature I use.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Pretty sure CEL Flash and the launch control are the two main things people want.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

sent rgl10 a test cal with cel flash and wb2nb in it. we'll see how they work. did the v3 launch control work in rob's turbonator cals? if so i can see about adding that code. if not then i'ld have to do alot of research to see.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    dan, do you have a wideband? i just added the wb2nb feature to v3 so i'm looking for a guinea pig to try it out!
    i hate to bring this back from the dead, but do you still have this available? my v3 does not have wb2nb and i'd love to add that instead of flashing a v4.1 and potentially running into issues. vehicle specs are 90 sbec, 2.5, a555 if that helps.

check out the tsbec thread. i want to work only with the turbonator cals vs modifying the stock cals if possible. i'll update the cals as requested and send the tpl and asm as a package for testing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123