I purchased a used, socketed 1990 SBEC, probably for a van as it came from a turbo van owner. I purchased a chip with a 15 psi turbo II w/34 lb/hr injectors. Now that I finally have a chance to do something with it, I have my replacement for my totaled 1985 konvertible. I took a 1989 J body 2.5L turbo harness (both underhood and dash) and modified the computer hookup from an SMEC to an SBEC. When I connect everything and turn on the ignition I get: no ASD cycle on-off, tach goes crazy, and with a turbo distributor spun, no ASD and no spark (obviously).

Today I did some further testing, I have a 1990 2.5L TBI SBEC and another unknow, apparently TBI SBEC and a 1993 3.3L van SBEC. With either of the TBI SBECs connected, I get: ASD cycle on-off, tach is stable at 0, and spinning a turbo distributor, immediate ASD close and plenty of spark. With the 3.3L SBEC connected, nothing happens, no ASD, tach sits at 0, spinning distributor, no ASD or spark.

Socketed SBEC has a ZIF socket and one of the clamps appeared to be closed in the release position, I carefully opened it made sure all the clamps were spread, inserted the chip (handled only by the ends), same result.

Chip was burned by Rod Lloyd, Boost Button dot com, who is no longer in business as of Oct 2016.

Anybody have any suggestions? Engine is my 1988 Turbo service long block I scored about 15 years ago running a 1987 two piece intake that has been sitting since Feb 2009 when T2K-CAR was totaled. Old setup was 1987 Daytona electronics, I wanted SEFI instead of bank fired.

Thanks for any help.