So, after the top end of my engine was redone, the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manifold failed - the mechanic I used was more than accommodating with replacing it with a metal gasket, and had assured me it was good to go, and that he had even used some loctite on it to make sure it was sealed. Fast foward about 2 1/2 weeks - Ive chased down overboost problems from ripped vaccum lines followed by underboost problems that seemed to fix itself after I flipped a vaccum orifice around, and all seemed to be right with the world.

My under boost problems came back with a vengence the other day, and after some investigating, I submit to you the evidence that SOMEONE needs to be smacked in the head. Did you look at the pics? There are three nuts missing from where my turbo bolts tonthe manifold. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that all three just happened to fall off while driving, especially given that the one thats there isnt lose at all. The only thing I can think of that seems to make sense is that they used loctite on the gasket and put one nut on to hold it there and then forgot to put the other 3 on, and somehow it took a couple weeks for the loctite to fail at keeping the exhaust sealed. I dont know. I dont even know what attitude to aproach them with, because while I understand mistakes, I feel like this could have ended SO much worse than just lack of boost and an exhaust leak. :/

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk