Thread: A/C hose connection questions

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

A/C hose connection questions

First of all, I did read the dryer leak post, very informative.
    The seals all seem to be dedicated to specific places on the system.

Questions...

1.) Is the correct place for the plastic ferrules to be plugged into the evaporator side of the H valve?
    2.) The big one seems to fit either way in the big hole on the back of the H valve but should the notched end go into the block?
    3.) Where precisely does the green o-ring install?
    4.) The black rubber seals have a raised side. Should the raised side face the hose flange or should it face the mating block?

Thanks, jeff
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: A/C hose connection questions

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    First of all, I did read the dryer leak post, very informative.
    The seals all seem to be dedicated to specific places on the system.

Questions...

1.) Is the correct place for the plastic ferrules to be plugged into the evaporator side of the H valve?
    2.) The big one seems to fit either way in the big hole on the back of the H valve but should the notched end go into the block?
    3.) Where precisely does the green o-ring install?
    4.) The black rubber seals have a raised side. Should the raised side face the hose flange or should it face the mating block?

Thanks, jeff
    Dang, you are straining my brain. I completely re-did the A/C on my Daytona 2 years ago, and did all this work. After looking at pictures of the hose assemblies, here is what I believe are your answers:

1. Yes, the hose assembly has pipes that stick out past the mounting flange, so the plastic pieces go towards the evaporator.
    2. Don't know that it really makes a difference. They are basically used to keep the seal in place while you bolt the assembly together.
    3. I didn't use it in my install. All of the connections on mine used the black stamped steel gaskets.
    4. Again, I don't think it makes a difference, they seal when the bolts are torqued down. When I did my system, I don't remember there being any marks or instructions on installing a certain way.

Hope this helps. One note I will give you is to watch the dryer connections. Test fit them together without gaskets first. On one of mine, the pipe sticking out of the hose assembly was just a little tight when going into the dryer, and caused a leak the first time. I took it back apart, filed the edge so it slipped in nice & smooth, and no more issues.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Re: A/C hose connection questions

1.) Boy am I dense. LOL, you would think I would have noticed that. Duh!
    2.) It seems to fit better with the notches in the hole, guess I will choose that method.
    3.) Perhaps it goes on the high side hose flange to evaporator block. I'm going to look at that. It may be that because the hose flange to evap block is attached with one screw only, it is preventative of a mismatch leak at that point.
    4.) I was leaning towards that conclusion myself.
    Your tip is much appreciated, that tip, along with the one that talks about using shims under the dryer hose flange to ensure complete sealing are very valuable. Thank you very much, you've been very helpful.
    jeff

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...2Fc+dryer+leak
    Last edited by jeff1234; 04-13-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?