Thread: help....something is blocking me

turbo addict

help....something is blocking me

Everythings been fine for weeks..then a few hours ago I went to edit a post. The edit window came up blank. So I decided to delete it. Then I got the dreaded "cant connect" window and I couldnt load TM at all anymore. I am posting this by using a web anonymizer, which also gives me a "cant connect" every other try. I remember this happening a few years ago..some kind of error everyone was getting like 304 or something. Helpppppppp. I cant even ping turbo-mopar.com.prx.webanonymizer.org directly. I think the board software wigged out when I tried to delete a post (I remember that editing posts was a trigger long ago) and now my IP is blocked or something<br><br>

- - - Updated - - -

that should just be "i cant even ping turbo-mopar.com" not the webanonymizer stuff

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: help....something is blocking me

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    Everythings been fine for weeks..then a few hours ago I went to edit a post. The edit window came up blank. So I decided to delete it. Then I got the dreaded "cant connect" window and I couldnt load TM at all anymore. I am posting this by using a web anonymizer, which also gives me a "cant connect" every other try. I remember this happening a few years ago..some kind of error everyone was getting like 304 or something. Helpppppppp. I cant even ping turbo-mopar.com.prx.webanonymizer.org directly. I think the board software wigged out when I tried to delete a post (I remember that editing posts was a trigger long ago) and now my IP is blocked or something<br><br>

- - - Updated - - -

that should just be "i cant even ping turbo-mopar.com" not the webanonymizer stuff
    Months ago I had the same problem, after two weeks or so it was fine. I found I need to wait for 24hours for it to clear and I could read pots. I only posted when I was complete by reading as it acted up only when I responded to a post. My pages also loaded slowly at that point. Sounds like it is your turn...LOL JK
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    Months ago I had the same problem, after two weeks or so it was fine. I found I need to wait for 24hours for it to clear and I could read pots. I only posted when I was complete by reading as it acted up only when I responded to a post. My pages also loaded slowly at that point. Sounds like it is your turn...LOL JK
    Hey it works now! Looks like its someone elses turn now!!

Hey it works now! Looks like its someone elses turn now!!
    Hey wait a second, that is SO unfair my turn was much longer!!!!! I am telling MOM!!
    Regards,
    Miles

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    Hey wait a second, that is SO unfair my turn was much longer!!!!! I am telling MOM!!
    careful we might jinx the forum monster and then we will all suffer...I dont know how I got away with such a short turn...(looks around warily)

careful we might jinx the forum monster and then we will all suffer...I dont know how I got away with such a short turn...(looks around warily)
    Ok I did not know we had monsters...
    Regards,
    Miles

My turn again....crap. I am logged in via VPN to post this
    Regards,
    Miles

Anyone else with issue?
    Regards,
    Miles

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I've had the same problem a few times including last week. I know for sure the last two times it happened when I typed a few sentences in word pad then copied and pasted it into a thread. I do this sometimes because I hate typing a long post then it doesn't save and I have to do it all again. Anyhow I tried both times to edit them because it leaves out spaces between words and then it appears I get ip banned for several hours. I have to use another ip to log in or wait usually till the next day.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Working OK now? Anyone else have this issue around the same time?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Working OK now? Anyone else have this issue around the same time?
    OK now. Thank you!
    Regards,
    Miles

turbo addict

I had the editing problem happen again a few days later when i tried to edit a post I just made. Basically the edit window just show up blank when it should show my post so I can edit it. But this time I didnt try deleting it because I didnt want to trigger the deadly cant connect problem again. I'll try editing this one right after I post it and see if the edit window comes up blank.

EDIT: nope..looks like I can edit it okay. but my other post had pictures when i tried editing it..if I remember right having pictures was related to the long ago 302 error problem

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Hmm yeah we had some picture issues a while ago. Sounds like we need some maintenance / upgrayyd

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.