Well, I decided I'm far enough along on this build to post a proejct log, so here it goes.

Some of you who know me have seen my Scamp at SDAC-26. It has been a carbed truck it's entire life.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160601_175237.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	60437

For a long time I thought it was going to stay that way forever. Then I bought my Daytona two years ago, and I have offically become addicted to boost! So, about a year ago, I started collecting parts for an eventual turbo conversion of the truck. It all kind of started by chance, a couple of parts for sale posts, and a friend who was parting out an 89 Sundance 2.5 turbo...

Last June, I found myself in possesion of a 2.5 turbo short block, 89 P-body wiring harness, computer, and misc other items(thanks 2manyturbos!!!). I found a good deal on a 782 head, then located an A-520 trans to back it up. I was following one of the Shelby factory guys on ebay, and scored a like-new 2 piece intake, and virtually brand new Garret TII turbo & exhaust manifold as well... Figured I was 80% of the way there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor_005.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	60438

Well, I found out that wasn't correct! But almost a year later, I have collected most of the various parts I need to do this project. Last night I re-assembled about 80% of the short block. The head should be going out for a valve job for the +1mm valves shortly. I'm going to port it, install an 88 TBI cam, PT lifters, and the MP 813 valve springs out of the N/A motor.

The motor is also getting +40 injectors, an FMIC, 2 1/2" turbonetics SV, and the obvious tuned SMEC to run it all. I'm aiming for about 300 hp, I figure 20 psi should get me close. I'm hoping to have it done for SDAC-27, so I can post much better times than I did last year. Traction will be my biggest issue...

I'll update with more pictures as I progress...