Quote Originally Posted by jonnymopar View Post
I ran into the same thing when I put my LSD in my 555. There was an added layer of complexity to my install that I'll leave out, but I actually put all my shims, including the original, on the passenger side. No issues so far.

I loved reading your original post. Just another life altered by a turbo Daytona, haha.
Thanks. Yeah, I have to say, I never really "got" the whole boost thing until I actually owned a turbo car. I knew there was more power there to be had. But I have had so much fun for so many years with the Scamp in it's N/A version, I really didn't think I was missing much. After the original 2.2 carbed motor build, it was a riot to drive. I still got compliments to the very end on the glorious noise that high compression, header and cammed motor made. A couple of years ago, the Hoosier SDAC group did a fall colors run through the Hoosier State park forest, and with the twist & curves in the trees I really enjoyed laying into it and making it bark. Every time we stopped, the guys would get out of their cars smiling. They would make comments on the noise it would make when I wound it up. They had never heard that kind of noise from a 2.2. A turbo takes most of that away. That is the one thing I will really miss with the new setup(along with 7K power shifts), but I think better than doubling(probably 2.5X) the power will probably make up for it...