Thread: a413 pressure adjustment hole

turbo addict

a413 pressure adjustment hole

Is there a link or directions to the line pressure adjustment hole location on the trans case? Id like to do it while I have it apart. Also I have a RMVB from turbo action (cheetah) is the valve body mod required when running the manual valve body?

turbo addict

Re: a413 pressure adjustment hole

I'll take a pic when I'm home if I can dig out the trans if needed. You'll end up drilling about 3/4" above the pan gasket rail on the driver's side of the trans, towards the front. With the valvebody bolted in, drill so that you can have a straight shot to the allen screw that's located on the pressure regulator. The regulator is the stamped steel piece that sticks out with the springs on it; it's at the very bottom left of the pic that shows which check balls to remove for a shift kit.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...-Mods-and-Info
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

Here is mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5295.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	60429  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    I'll take a pic when I'm home if I can dig out the trans if needed. You'll end up drilling about 3/4" above the pan gasket rail on the driver's side of the trans, towards the front. With the valvebody bolted in, drill so that you can have a straight shot to the allen screw that's located on the pressure regulator. The regulator is the stamped steel piece that sticks out with the springs on it; it's at the very bottom left of the pic that shows which check balls to remove for a shift kit.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...-Mods-and-Info

Do you know if I need to drill the hole in the valve body or remove any balls in my manual body?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Here is mine.
    Thank you!!

turbo addict

Sorry, I don't know much of anything about the manual valve bodies. I do know you should pick out a good 1/8" pipe plug. Don't pick out any random plug at the hardware store and then realize it has a square drive on it (which is a PITA to deal with) when you try to install it.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

also don't get to carried away tapping it. unless you get a tapered plug your going to want to leave the taper from the tap so the plug gets tight.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    also don't get to carried away tapping it. unless you get a tapered plug your going to want to leave the taper from the tap so the plug gets tight.

I generally test fit the plugs while tapping the holes when doing. Not threads, seems like my tap needs to go all the way in before the plugs will even begin to thread in.

Insuppose ilk block the accumulator and turn the line pressure adjuster all the way in for starters and see what pressure is when I do start up. If it's not enough then I'll be pulling the pan.