Thread: WANTED GLHS FAN, plus SHROUD AND BOTH RADIATOR BRACKETS FOR MOUNTING RADIATOR

Hybrid booster

WANTED GLHS FAN, plus SHROUD AND BOTH RADIATOR BRACKETS FOR MOUNTING RADIATOR

The title says it all. I'm needing an '86 or '87 GLHS Fan and Fan shroud and both radiator brackets the hold the radiator in place LEFT + RIGHT that bolt to the core Support. My journey to SDAC 27 hinges on my finding and installing these parts, Please Help. Jer In Wilmington, N.C.

Re: WANTED GLHS FAN, plus SHROUD AND BOTH RADIATOR BRACKETS FOR MOUNTING RADIATOR

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    The title says it all. I'm needing an '86 or '87 GLHS Fan and Fan shroud and both radiator brackets the hold the radiator in place LEFT + RIGHT that bolt to the core Support. My journey to SDAC 27 hinges on my finding and installing these parts, Please Help. Jer In Wilmington, N.C.
    I'll do some digging. Pretty sure I can help with some of the parts you need.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: WANTED GLHS FAN, plus SHROUD AND BOTH RADIATOR BRACKETS FOR MOUNTING RADIATOR

FYI- The left and right radiator top brackets were reversed on the GLHS cars. If you have L-body ones, you can make them work. Might need a little trimming, but maybe not. The L-body intercooler mounting brackets were most definitely modified G/H body brackets. I was able to mate an aftermarket fan to a stock GLHS shroud on a friends 86 GLHS. The stock shroud and fan wouldn't fit any longer because of his custom 3 core high efficiency core. Where there is a will, there is a way...
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7861.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	60427  

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    I have a fan, intercooler and radiator for $175 plus shipping

Working on clearing the decks.

Hybrid booster

I just need the fan and the braces, but thanks for the offer, Jer

turbo addict

Man that is a very good deal Gary is giving you. I would expect to pay that alone for a good GLHS fan/shroud assembly. I know there are a lot of loose first design (Hayden) ones out there, but if it is in good condition, that is a deal. The later 87 Siemens fan motors seem to have held up better than the Hayden ones from what I've experienced.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

I'm not balking at the deal Gary offers or the price. I have two radiators, and three intercoolers now and I really don't want to rent ah swap space for $90 at Carlisle and sit in the sun for 4 days trying to hawk $100- $150 in parts. I have a much better time having ah beer with friends under a canopy and Bench Racing. Thanks for the input though, Jer

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

I'd buy the radiator from you, or Gary, if that helps
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00P0P_cHNUHgcB3uO_600x450.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	60455

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    I'd buy the radiator from you, or Gary, if that helps
    Fan spoken for, still had rad and intercooler assembly.

I have no idea of condition, was from a car that had been disassembled when purchased but doesn't look all rotted out.

Gary

Working on clearing the decks.