Thread: 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z - Florida

1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z - Florida

Date: 12th March 2017
    Username: OneFastBaron
    Full Name: Kuan Li
    City, State, Zip: Clermont, FL 34711
    Selling or Wanted Price: $1500 OBO

Description: Up for sale is my 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. I have too many cars right now and need to make some space. I have had this Daytona for around two years. It starts every time and drives well. This is a rust free car. No rust underneath, or in the hatch. I have repaired a few things since I purchased it, and have a bunch of extra parts that can go with the car when it is sold. It has Koni adjustable front struts (and I believe the rears too, but I would have to double check), someone in the past converted it to a newer style dual pivot k frame with cast lower control arms. It also appears to have the bigger 91 style front brakes. The previous owner said he changed the headgasket, and put a reman cylinder head on it not too long before I bought it. I had the valve cover off to refinish it, and it does indeed look like a new cylinder head underneath. I put a new braided turbo feed oil line on it because the original was leaking. I also put a new battery in it when I got it. It has a brand new headliner. The clutch feels fine and the transmission shifts good. It has side exit exhaust that's actually just about as quiet as stock, but sounds good. It has a Bluetooth head unit, and keyless entry. The sunroof does not leak either.

Now onto some of the things that will need attention at some point. The previous owner replaced the T2 radiator with a V6 radiator at some point, and put the intercooler behind the radiator. This is not something that needs to be changed but it has bugged me since I picked the car up. I have a T2 intercooler/radiator set up that I can include with the car. The throw out bearing makes noise. I have a brand new clutch kit with throw out bearing I could let go with the car. The car does smoke on occasion, not sure of the cause but my guess would be valve seals or a turbo seal. The rear tires are pretty well shot, I have two brand new tires I could include with the car that match the fronts. It could use a front end alignment. It does need body work and paint, I have the passenger side rear quarter panel trim piece that is missing in the pictures. It has a dent in the drivers side quarter panel where the quarter panel meets the bumper cover, and it has a gash under the passenger side tail light.

I have an extra 89 nose cone and two front air dams for an 89, along with a 89 shelby hood, and hatch louvers. And as a recap, I also have a brand new clutch kit with throw out bearing, two new rear tires that have not been mounted yet, and a T2 radiator/intercooler combo. I am sure there is more that I am forgetting.

All in all it's a good car that just needs a little more TLC to be back to it's original glory. Not in a huge rush to sell it, but I just don't have much time anymore to play with the cars like I use to, and would much rather see it go to someone who can enjoy it more than I can.

[IMG][/IMG]

link to more pictures:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/onef...ibrary/daytona

Thanks,
    KJ
    Last edited by OneFastBaron; 09-15-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Re: 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z - Florida

delete
    Last edited by OneFastBaron; 09-15-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Bump. Price changed to $1500 OBO. May be moving soon and can't take it with me.

Thanks

Bump. I still have this car.

Thanks

Bump.

Sold!